Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi
i am looking about for insperation to install some sound equipment in my bug i cant find much on it have many people done this?? i thought it would be a popular thing to do am i wrong?
whats your thoughts?
have any of you got an install i can see piccys of to get some insperation :)

·
Registered
4,565 Posts
i did when i had my beetle, no pics tho, as i sold it 10 years ago.

6inch speakers in lick panels, in pods i made
6x9s in parcel shelf
12" sub in box behind seats with amps screwed to the box
cd player in the glove box

it was all hidden away tho, remember beetles are not hard to get into ;)

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yer thats were i am having probs cos 6by9s on the back shelf are really obvious i am hoping to not have them there but in the sides on the back passenger area i just need some ideas of how to hide them at either location :) but now at least i no its possible if anyone else has ideas piccys they would be much appriciated :)

·
Registered
7,683 Posts
;)

Sq setup installed into my bug... Some nice kit.
JVC KD-SH99RB cd/mp3 headunit.
Rockford Power 250/2 amp running the front stage
CDT eurosport 6.5 front component set (tweeters mounted hidden on dash, mids mounted in kickpanel builds and stealthed away).
Vibe MonoBlock IV Amplifier (1400W rms) running the sub
Image Dynamics IDMAX 12D2 sub in custom box behind rear seat.

Who needs rear speakers in such a small car? All the do is drag the sound stage backwards, confusing the imaging. Spend the money you would have spent on rears on better fronts, your ears will thank you.

Sam C

·
Registered
7,624 Posts
subs and 6x9s in the same space dont work in a beetle they interfer with each others air space, get yourself a really good set of components for up front and either a really awesome set of 6x9s in the back or a sub

·
Registered
4,565 Posts
my parcel shelf was angled right up to just under the back window, so it was bigger than a normal one, i mounted then underneath and covered the shelf in red vinyl to match my interior

very stealth, you would never know they were there

gorillahonda said:
yer thats were i am having probs cos 6by9s on the back shelf are really obvious i am hoping to not have them there but in the sides on the back passenger area i just need some ideas of how to hide them at either location :) but now at least i no its possible if anyone else has ideas piccys they would be much appriciated :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts