Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
caught up with a mate of mine (x) tonight after christmas...and we met up in the local just down the road. it was a good catch up and drinking session... in more ways than one....

he told me of a friend of his (y) who had an accident a number of years ago who lives near me... and is now classed as disabled, cannot work, has epileptic fits, and cannot walk very well. :(

however...there is an upshot to this tale, in that he (y) has at his disposal loads of space where he is living... :D and he now has decided he wants to get back into vw's (after (y) he and (x) had a good natter about vw's and watching campervan crisis)

this friend of mine (x) was telling his buddy (y) (who had the accident) about my dilemna... not having space and skills to fix the 411... and this guy says to my friend (x) that he (y) might be in a position to help me restore or at least get the 411 up and running!!! :eek: :D even though he (y) can only use one arm, he can still do physical work, and is willing to let me take the 411 to his place, and help me on the car as and when, and teach me welding as that was his strength before the accident!! :D :D

there is however one condition, that i have to get him re-introduced into the vw scene, as in shows etc...and i am very willing to do this... :D :D

what a result of a meet up for a natter in the pub...!!! absolutely brilliant, and while i learn from him (y) i am also going to be getting someone back into vw's !!! (hopefully in a big way !!!

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
wanna get a trailer for my bus too, plenty of welding practice for you then ;)

·
Registered
12,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well...if i get the 411 sorted relatively nicely and quickly...i found another 2 412's in my travels that are a bit beyond salvage... :(

but i could very well turn them into a trailer.... he he he...how cool would that be...a type 4 and type 4 trailer/caravan...

·
Registered
12,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sorry ade...just thought it would make more sense to do it that way than to use my friends friend etc etc.. :lol:

rob... trust me if it works out i will be a verry happy bunny...and i think it will be something that is going to be a bit of a learning curve, but i am willing to do it and get my hands dirty...dont have a lot of money, but i am going to have to spend a bit of cash...but hopefully not too much...

and hopefully i will have her up and running sometime this year...

·
VWSP812 The bitch
2,403 Posts
Well done Jack.

We need to keep as many type 3's and 4's going as possible. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.