Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 20 of 917 Posts

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all dropped on another rust bucket,,sat in a farm 5 years,
an old mk1 golf caddy diesal pickup ,,that should keep me bisy too...

as u can see its a rottern nail,but it has hiddern potenal

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Where are you getting the turbo conversion from? Is it off the shelf, just asking as I have a corrado VR6 that needs a bit more umphhhhh!
just bits ive collected really ,it will run 420hp on a std engine ,so should be a little hand full ,,and a do have a few spares from a kit too so u can cheet ur ecu,,,

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
had a little brain wave 2day , im now decided im makeing it 4 wheel,drive,,
so modifyed a nice mk4 4motion 6speed gearbox and transfor box to my obd1 2.8 vr6 lump ,i new some power ,and hopeing it will eat my bug and pickup too,also ill fit a nice complete rear 4motion axle.. few pics
nice 6 speed gearbox for starters

and nice mounted the 4x4 transfor in place/

and welded flange and turbo

and prop,rear axle arriveing thursday

should handle better then the rear mk1 leaf springs lol

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Well what can I say, this is gonna be awsome. You fitting the engine in the front then? I'd guessed you were gonna rear mount the whole unit same as you did with the bug. 4wd will be cool though :)

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i would pref to fit this set up in a beetle tax free ,but funds are a little low at the mo ,until my beetle sells,when i get it sprayed that is,,,i reckon it should go like a bullet lol

·
Registered
8,436 Posts
Just spotted this, I was reading the first page thinking 'that's pretty damned cool, but it's not the madness I've come to expect from split eye rose...' 4WD tho, that's more like it:D

·
Registered
7,816 Posts
i shall ad this to my favorites:D

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
cool replys guys ,,its gunna be a stressfull task,,,,but i carnt find a mk1 vr6 turbo,6speed 4x4 caddy ,,,,,,,,only thing whats putting me off is that road tax ..lol,id sooner it me in the tank,, got the 6speed gear linkage mounted to check ,just had to slightly modify the gearbox a bit,,

1 - 20 of 917 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.