Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have read a few articles in Vdub mags in recent months asking why dosen't anyone build anything different anymore?
Like back in the Sixties & seventies with the wild creations from people like Ed Roth etc....
Well heres my creation "Lady Penelopes new ride", White cos pink is crap and eight wheels cos six has already been done.
I would love to build this just for the hell of it!
Would be cool to see other peoples different creations. So get creative and beat this. :moon:

·
Registered
13,136 Posts
i think there are a few things, time money, tax, part availabilty and also to make it a roadlegal car requires alot more work these days a i guess.

it does seem that there isnt as much pure custom as there used to be, its either a cal look with serious money spent on it or its hood `i cant be arsed with my` ride. alot of volksrods popping out the woodwork, but once again very few seem to be done that well, 2 which i think are decent are `gonzo` the uk based rod and also one of the hoodride crew rods from belgium(?) that i saw at action, the only rust bit on the whole car was the louvered engine lid, the rest was mint and mad! theres german look for the 1303 crew(me included only im getting an 80s porsche body kit on mine to be a little different)

building something crazy these days is tough!

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bugsy_Malone 666 said:
i think there are a few things, time money, tax, part availabilty and also to make it a roadlegal car requires alot more work these days a i guess.

it does seem that there isnt as much pure custom as there used to be, its either a cal look with serious money spent on it or its hood `i cant be arsed with my` ride. alot of volksrods popping out the woodwork, but once again very few seem to be done that well, 2 which i think are decent are `gonzo` the uk based rod and also one of the hoodride crew rods from belgium(?) that i saw at action, the only rust bit on the whole car was the louvered engine lid, the rest was mint and mad! theres german look for the 1303 crew(me included only im getting an 80s porsche body kit on mine to be a little different)

building something crazy these days is tough!
Yeah i know what you mean, all the really mad creations would never get through an MOT these days.... But showcars they dont have to be road legal!
Its all about the "WOW" factor at the shows, when did you last go to a show and see a truely original and "off the planet" bug? Remember Ed Roths Invader or the Beatnik Bandit??? truely mental rides.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts