Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Holy Calamity
67,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah, you know - L0lZ0rZ and OMG and WTF and O RLY and all that.

But I've been sat here in this office, and in ten minutes of listening to dull management types on the phone I have heard the phrase "close of play" EIGHT times.

"By close of play tomorrow we'll have that sorted, yeah"

ARGH. What TF is wrong with "I'll have it done by the end of tomorrow"?! :tick:

Also, "you need to flag this up with him in the meeting".

HUH?!

I also heard the phrase "pink slippage", which kind of makes up for it though :lol:

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
26,449 Posts
Who's going to polish the orb on the particular action that you just verbalised in your proposition piece?

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
perfect place to play catchphrase bingo-
make some 'bingo' cards with all the little catch phrases on it instead of numbers. Whenever anyone uses a catch phrase, you mark it off on your card until you have BINGO (just like regular Bingo). you have to work the word bingo into a sentence to declare you've won without non players noticing.

·
Holy Calamity
67,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
JodieC said:
perfect place to play catchphrase bingo-
make some 'bingo' cards with all the little catch phrases on it instead of numbers. Whenever anyone uses a catch phrase, you mark it off on your card until you have BINGO (just like regular Bingo). you have to work the word bingo into a sentence to declare you've won without non players noticing.
As in "I've bingoin' MAD listening to the TRIPE you lot have been talking all day"?

:lol:

·
Holy Calamity
67,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It's all just utter rubbish innit? Why do people say these things?! Do they go home and say "I can't decide what to have for tea, shall we run it up the flagpole and see what comes down? I would've been more pro-active and thought about it in work or touched base with you at lunch but I was busy ticking boxes..."

Why can't they be normal, you know, like me? And say stuff like "w000tZoRz! Pasta for tea FTW RLY!"

:lol:

·
Registered
939 Posts
sprechen zie "corporate bollox"??

Its a language all its own & is just excrutiating to listen to!! :eek:

just say what you mean to say & get the job done :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts