Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
9,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/tyne/5402462.stm

A six-year-old girl was snatched from her bath, kidnapped and raped before being dumped in an alley, a court has heard.

Peter Voisey, 37, of Blyth, Northumberland, denies raping, sexually assaulting and abducting the girl from her North Tyneside home in December.
Now, I'm not one of these people who thinks a car thief should be sent down for 10 years*, but honestly, do people truly believe that this man can EVER live in society? I have no doubt that there are many criminals in prison who made a mistake, they went too far, they didn't realise how dangerous it was, they red misted, whatever. However, I don't for one minute believe that a lapse of judgment or a moment of stupidity can lead any sane person to drag a girl from her bath and rape her.

I don't call for the death penalty because I think it's the cowards way out. However, this person should never be able to stand outside the gates again.

*Not to say I wouldn't kick the shit out of anyone nicking mine :)

·
Registered
4,229 Posts
:(

I hope he suffers in prison. In fact i hope someone cuts his eyes out with a razor blade and leaves him to bleed to death.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Rob Whitaker said:
i stand shoulder to shoulder with pyro on this one...

and all the do gooders can kiss my ass....
i concur

and think some people should did slowly and as painfully as possible because they have ruined someones/many lifes by what they have done :tick:

·
Registered
5,221 Posts
lostcornishman said:
i concur

and think some people should did slowly and as painfully as possible because they have ruined someones/many lifes by what they have done :tick:
didn,t say how they shud die tho....

;) ;)

·
Registered
4,229 Posts
I dont see the death penalty as a way to torture the convicted, or to make them suffer.

Its the only way to be certain that scum wont continue being scum, and that they wont be a burden to the rest of society.

I dont care about rehabilitation when it comes to people like that. I dont think anything would deter them from doing it. I'd prefer to be certain they couldnt do it again.

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
just to answer the title question.. life does mean life. you have your prison sentence and you are then on licence after that. I agree with you though, life should mean life imprisonment. that's absolutely awful :(

·
Registered
8,098 Posts
he'll go to prison then be assessed under the mental health act, if he's not a nutter he'll go to prison, if he is a nut job then he'll spend the rest of his life in a secure unit, have his own room with every modern convenience and be looked after by a team of nurses, doctors and psychiatrists at great expense, cos thats what my missus does looks after scumbags like him, me? I'd put a bullet in his brain anyday.

·
Registered
4,229 Posts
thats the problem though.

People who do things like that do have something wrong in their head.

Raping a 6yr old girl is not the behaviour of a normal person. Its the act of someone who has something wrong in their head.
And thats the point the do gooders will always pick up on "oh, hes not evil, he has mental problems, but we might be able to fix him"

Well sorry, but i'd rather not even try. Time and time again people like this are released on licence and commit worse crimes. Have some respect for the victims, and put the resources into fixing what these people have done to them, not keeping them alive to possibly do it again...

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Did anyone see the pics in the press at the weekend of the Rapist scum who had "Katies Revenge" tattooed on his forehead by fellow prisoners?

Should be done as a matter of course IMO.

·
Registered
299 Posts
User Name said:
I dont see the death penalty as a way to torture the convicted, or to make them suffer.

Because death is the easy way out! imho ian huntly

or lock them in a room in solitude, which is what prison was meant to be!

it started by monks being put in solitude to "think" about what they have done

not put in a holiday camp fo the rest of their life or 10 years but out in 4 for good behavior

·
Registered
283 Posts
be carefull when you talk of the death penalty,

if the penalty for things such as rape is a death sentance,then the
offender may as well kill his victim,and leave no witness.he has nothing to
lose has he.if hes going to be killed for rape then he may as well be killed
for murder.

god forbid something like this happens to one of my or anyone elses child,
but i would prefer my child to come home than not at all..

just my thought.although cutting his balls off with a rusty spoon would
be an option.

·
Registered
5,221 Posts
tiz said:
if the penalty for things such as rape is a death sentance,then the
offender may as well kill his victim,and leave no witness.he has nothing to
lose has he.if hes going to be killed for rape then he may as well be killed
for murder.
providing that the sicko has it in him to kill just because a person is a rapist does not automatically mean they are murderers....

i do understand what your gettin at tho.....

·
Registered
21,099 Posts
sick!! :(

i did Christian Theology A level and we had to do alot of work on death penalty/moral rights blah blah and i totally agree with Pyro. in cases like this life shouldnt mean life in jail, cos we have to pay for the sick b-stard scum, life should mean take his away. if it was up to me he should be tortured, then raped like he did to the kid then a slow painful death

good Catholic beliefs :incheek: :D

·
Registered
34,377 Posts
Just put them in general prison population....no segregation.

·
Registered
4,229 Posts
CheekyMonkey said:
shall we wait and see if he's convicted first ????
I think it goes without saying that whilst our legal system is a complete load of bollocks some of the time, most of us do still believe in "innocent until proven guilty".

I take the comments on what people think should happen in a case like this to mean when convicted, not just to do it anyway. As would most people I guess.

Im sad to say I no longer have a great amount of faith in our legal system to protect us from people who would commit crimes like this. thats why i would prefer to see anyone who is guilty of this kind of crime either rotting, shackled to a wall for the rest of his life, or converted to a pile of ashes...
I dont much care if its an easy way out for them. I just dont want them to be able to repeat their crime.

·
Registered
8,287 Posts
sadly a lot of the wrong'uns get diagnosed with 'untreatable personality disorders' and very little is done with them.

I have mixed views on the death penalty, undoubtably there are alot of people who should never be allowed to see the light of day.

the truth of it is, joe public would be horified if they saw how the most dangerous members of our society are treated once they are 'locked up'

for example the government spends more money per prisoner per day on their food than they do on school dinners for your kids :eek:

I could go on but it is very tedious and nothing will change until the people up in their ivory towers get a grip and make some serious changes to how we treat our prison population. Interestingly though some statistics show that it makes very little difference to re-conviction rates if prison is used to try to either rehabilitate or punish.

one thing is certain, if the death penalty was reintroduced it would stop some from reoffending ;)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts