Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
19,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why doesn't someone set up a business where you can buy a bottle of argoshield or similar and then just get it refilled when it's empty without having to have a 12 month contract with BOC or Air Products?

Calor seem to manage quite easily with butane and propane so why not welding gas?

·
Registered
796 Posts
I get about £60 quid for a 2 or 3 (cant remember now) rental agreement and £12 quid flat charge for refills. I'm quite happy.

I have an idea, how about tall hats for short people to give them more room presence :D

·
Registered
16,814 Posts
Are you sure?

I bet there's loads of hobby welders out there who need proper gas not some shit co2 from a pub.
There is plenty of hobby welders,but not enough to start a profitable business....unless they are all concentrated in the one area and using lots of gas (which is unlikey).

I just use the small crappy bottles that cost about £12 each.

·
Saddest VZi'er 2018
3,806 Posts
I get mine on a £25 deposit for the bottle and £25 per fill or argon/co2. There are places that do it, you just have to find them ;)

·
Registered
18,795 Posts
it would be nice, I have an argon bottle from BOC costs me £50 for a refil and more than £50 every year, and they've put the rental price up EVERY year :(

·
Registered
83 Posts
gas

I got 4 empty bottles from a customer at work and the loacal parts shop (wilco) exchanged it for £20 and its a tenner (I think) for a refill. I still have 3 bottles for exchanges if anyones interested in one i'm in the kings lynn/norfolk area give me a pm
Ed

·
Banned
18,444 Posts
Der cos you would have to buy the bottles to rent out b4 you started ..you could not just Piky someone elses bottles now could you

I get pub size CO2 filled at the fire extiguisher gaff for well free tbh cos i cought the dude between the legs of a bird :lol:and have a piky argon r bottle that i get filled by being a cheeky cunt :D

·
Registered
15,060 Posts
The little bottles are less than £9 each. I've always thought that despite the annoyance of having to change them regularly, you'd have to do shit loads of welding to justify renting a big bottle.

·
Registered
10,100 Posts
Der cos you would have to buy the bottles to rent out b4 you started ..you could not just Piky someone elses bottles now could you

I get pub size CO2 filled at the fire extiguisher gaff for well free tbh cos i cought the dude between the legs of a bird :lol:and have a piky argon r bottle that i get filled by being a cheeky cunt :D
:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Saddest VZi'er 2018
3,806 Posts
The little bottles are less than £9 each. I've always thought that despite the annoyance of having to change them regularly, you'd have to do shit loads of welding to justify renting a big bottle.
It really depends how much you weld. The little bottles last about 15 minutes. That's not much welding.

You also can't get a decent reg on them, so gas flow is a bit hit and miss.

·
Premium Member
48,683 Posts
Place near me sold me a 3 foot bottle for £45 full of Cougar 5 gas. I get it refilled for £17 whenever I want.

Shimples.

Just don't ask for any paperwork..... ;)

·
Banned
4,642 Posts
I think its a good idea..theres no happy medium between taking out a contract and those shitty bottles they sell in halfords that last a couple of welds.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts