Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been using Mail since I got my mac, and have just about had enough of its pantsness.... what's the best, free, downloadable mail programme to use? :)

·
Registered
9,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Brian Burrows said:
:confused:

I use (Apple Mac) Mail every day . . . and I get and send LOTS

What 'pantsness' is causing you a problem, exactly? :confused:

Bri
I hate the way it just deletes your mail after a few weeks... I'm not organised enough to put them all in folders! :lol:

·
Registered
9,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Far_Canal said:
The latest version of Apple Mail is not too bad at all, to be honest I'm thinking of deploying it, instead of this shit entourage... why oh why can't microsoft invest into a decent OSX exchange client... Outlook 2001 was good for classic, but where is it's counterpart for X???

I'm pretty sure it's not deleting your mail after few months, probably archiving it, check your settings...
I've looked all through the settings and can't work it out.... I need a dummies guide or something! :lol:

·
He doesn't fr*ggin' listen!
9,859 Posts
Go to your mail programme then Mail>preferences>accounts then select to store copes of all messages and attachments for offline viewing.

Then your messages are kept.

I had the same problem a while back with Mail deleting my messages before I had a chance to archive them myself.

·
Registered
9,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
da' Fandango said:
Go to your mail programme then Mail>preferences>accounts then select to store copes of all messages and attachments for offline viewing.

Then your messages are kept.

I had the same problem a while back with Mail deleting my messages before I had a chance to archive them myself.
I've done that.... maybe it's just me :confused:

·
He doesn't fr*ggin' listen!
9,859 Posts
the vyxster said:
I've done that.... maybe it's just me :confused:
Are you reading emails from a IMAP server.. like AOL for example?

It seems to be the case with IMAP emails that you're not actually downloading as such, but more reading the emails 'online'. You need to drag the emails to a folder to be able to save them as the ISP (like AOL) automatically deletes the emails after a certain time limit of them being read and they seem to disappear from your inbox.

·
Registered
9,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm feeling stoopid.... I'm having a very bad week for computers :(

·
Registered
9,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So it's the evilness of AOL! :mad:

Now just need to find myself a new email addy.... :rolleyes:

·
snide twat
39,983 Posts
the vyxster said:
So it's the evilness of AOL! :mad:

Now just need to find myself a new email addy.... :rolleyes:
use thunderbird, take five minutes to learn how the 'rules wizard' works then make a rule to copy all your mail to a local folder each time it is checked, no more lost messages.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I use thunderbird and don't have a problem with it at all

Perhaps look at the new opera offering, a mate loves it but I ain't had a chance to look at it yet

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
the vyxster said:
I hate the way it just deletes your mail after a few weeks... I'm not organised enough to put them all in folders! :lol:
Well I had no idea it does this! I'd better check my settings! That would explain why I couldn't find an email the other day.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts