Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do I make WMP monitor a folder so when I stick new stuff in it it automatically appears in my library. Or can't you?

Also before I reinstalled everything on my pooter when I sync'd my Creative Zen player with WMP it told me what files were already on the player and which were added. Now it just seems to run through the whole lot. What's going on?

ta

Phil

·
Registered
15,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dogfood said:
You need the Tools/Options/Library tab and select "Monitor Folders".
I've just found that but it's set up for the right folder and doesn't seem to work? Just deleted the monitored folder from the list and replaced it - maybe that will sort it? We'll see.,

·
Registered
15,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well that's sorted that bit out. Bit strange, no reason it should've worked, put the setting back as it was at the start?? :confused:

·
Registered
15,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
phil5556 said:
Also before I reinstalled everything on my pooter when I sync'd my Creative Zen player with WMP it told me what files were already on the player and which were added. Now it just seems to run through the whole lot. What's going on?
anyone got any ideas on this bit? I'm sure it used to do it. Now it doesn't seem to check what's on the player, so if I rename tracks on the computer it adds a duplicate under the new name and if I delete something off the computer it stays on the player. :confused:

·
Registered
15,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
phil5556 said:
I've just found that but it's set up for the right folder and doesn't seem to work? Just deleted the monitored folder from the list and replaced it - maybe that will sort it? We'll see.,
aha, I was being impatient before, takes a little while to add everything :)

Still no joy with the synchronising bit though :(

·
Registered
15,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
seeing as no-one else is talking to me I'll carry on talking to myself :) Sorted it now, have to turn automatic synchronizing on and all is ok again :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts