Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
6,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And this one actually works!

The dreaded Fiat of doom has gone.

Replaced by a branners 14 mile old Volvo V50 Turbo Diesel Estate (yeah, i know, shocker eh?)

But the reason for the post is not to bore you all with Modern Tin stories of leather and aircon, but related to the Volkswagen Customer Service thread.

Being a Company car, it was brought to a pretty strict criteria. It had to be an Estate to get sample bags and 'coffins' of training shoes etc in the back, it had to be a 2.0 TD for tax reasons, and i had a monthly budget of £450 each to spend on 4 identical cars to be delivered yesterday, on 3 year 3+36 leases with full maintainance and 30K miles PA.

Now, my last job was with a Finance Brokers, so i know the business pretty much inside out, and was convinced that i could do better than any Dealer Finance deal, and source better rides....

But Volvo (well, Squire Fernaux in Slough and LEX Business Partners) proved me completely wrong.

My shortlist was for either: Audi A4 Avant, VW Passat est, Volvo V50 or Honda Accord Sportswagen TDi.

Naturally i was leaning toward one of the two former cars, but the high cost, piss poor specs and long delivery lead times amazed me. Whereas Volvo had 4 SE model cars, with CD Autochanger, Leather, air con, heated seats and all that shite on stock and ready to go asap. not only that, but their Finance arm could do them cheaper than my own pet broker was able to supply the lower spec 'S' model.

And the cars are great. covered in nice little touches like the pop up panel in the boot that splits it making sure your shopping doesn't go all over the load area as you drive back from the supermarket, leccy memory seats that adjust dependant on which of the two suppplied keys you use, so if you share the car it'll adjust to fit the driver, all stuff that my Merc had only just got 18 months ago on a car that was 3 times the price.

Very Impressed.

If you are in the market for a new motor from a main dealer (ie: a company car or you are certifiably nutty in the head) you could do a lot worse than give Adrian at Squire Fernaux in Slough a bell.

·
Registered
22,227 Posts
kin ell man i just got up ready for a hard days cooking at rooty frooty and read this and now i want to go back and have another half hour in bed ..
wtf is it with car related threads man ... :mad:

whats your favorite colour of volvo ??( thats better ) :D

·
Banned
6,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Brian Burrows said:
Teasin' dude ;)

My 'daily' is a 'Mr. Bushy Warrior' remember?

And a Dodge Grand Voyager in the UK (or that big fuck-off Motorhome ;)) :D

You well?

Bri
It looks a bit like Bushy's love child, black, too high and with pimp Alloys.....

I'm all good Sir, apart from the depressing exit of West Ham last night robbing me of the opportunity for some Eeeeeuropean Niiiightsah! in the group stages of the UEFA. I blame Steven Gerrard. If he hadn't fluked that last minute equaliser we'd have been on a higher coeficient and been seeded and not had to play the team 3rd in Serie A.

But i'm NOT bitter. ;)

Apart from that, work is manic, life is sweet, and I'm a happy boy. :D

Love to Mrs B, and have fun with the Micra's this weekend.

·
Banned
6,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
fingy said:
kin ell man i just got up ready for a hard days cooking at rooty frooty and read this and now i want to go back and have another half hour in bed ..
wtf is it with car related threads man ... :mad:

whats your favorite colour of volvo ??( thats better ) :D
Baltic Blue. :D

·
Banned
6,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
DarrenW said:
Easy. Yellow!

Good work 2-Bob :D
Dude, they had a car that was RIGHT up your strasse in the workshop car-park!

Beige 245 Estate, early one with lots of Chrome, and in lovely nick.

Poor salesman couldn't work out why i was more interested in it than the V70R that he was trying to show me, or my own new motor.... :D

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
our other car is a citreon - not new and will probably need upgrading next year, no probs at all with it and everything fitted in it is standard unlike most british cars. 2 litre diesel, economical, reliable,does 3k miles a month, citreon peeps always helpful, we're happy :D

·
Holy Calamity
67,046 Posts
2-bob Monkey Mafia said:
Dude, they had a car that was RIGHT up your strasse in the workshop car-park!

Beige 245 Estate, early one with lots of Chrome, and in lovely nick.

Poor salesman couldn't work out why i was more interested in it than the V70R that he was trying to show me, or my own new motor.... :D
FOTO BITTE? :D

MMM. Wish we hadn't left our 240 GLT in Prague!

·
Banned
6,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
DarrenW said:
FOTO BITTE? :D

MMM. Wish we hadn't left our 240 GLT in Prague!
I'll get a pic when i nip back to get the last car of the order with my colleague on Monday, didn't have a camera with me last time.

I told you NOT to leave it in Prague, but my planning powers for anything that isn't work at the moment are weak.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts