Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had an email arrive, opened it up and its another phishing mail.With a difference.
Its titled:Question from ebay member.
And when opened looks at quick glance like the real deal,asking (in this case,although i'm sure they'll be various details) How much to post item no xxxxxxxxx to xxxxxxx
Now as it happens I don't have anything to sell at present,so I clicked on the item no,this then took me to a bogus ebay sign in page.Bingo theres the scam,fill in your details and they've got you.Password and all.

Further investigation reveals the web address to be http://www.wijdschild.nl/sitejpgs/login.php
http://www.wijdschild.nl/ looks a bona fide website,but I don't speak dutch so don't know what its about.

A couple of warning signs:
Firstly on the original email,my ebay username wasn't in the email at all, ebay always address you by name. Secondly watch the address bar with any links you press in order to see if the address changes.

Watch out kids,its a jungle out there. :rolleyes:

·
Seasoned Chat Slut
1,980 Posts
i get one that says the person would like to pay for the itm they just won and when can i post it!!! shame i hadnt had anything on there at the time!! no user name didnt look right so i just deleted it!!

nykxx

G

·
I had a fake email come through a while ago. I got an email from ebay saying that they needed my details, i just ignored it cause i thought it might be dodgy! I went to my ebay account to try and pay for something i brought and it wouldnt let me log in and had some security problem with my log in so i thought it might have something to do with the email. I went back to the email and went to the address they gave and put in my details and afterwards realised there wasnt something right! a few days later i got an email from my friend telling me about the scam! They get your log in details and card details and spend spend spend! fortunatly i got to it before they could use my details and managed to get all my details changed and card changed! Pain in the arse but at least i still have all my money!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts