Volkszone Forum banner

261 - 280 of 322 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #262 · (Edited)
I've decided against a collector box & thought it would be OK to just feed the blower into 2 outlets. These are some hanging clothes rail ends which will attach to the other side of the bracket, I'll need a couple of 'Y' fittings to split the 2 outlets into the 4 required feeds to the screen.

Attachments

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #270 ·
So my bits & pieces have turned up. For the hose I went for some plastic flexible hose that's used for ponds & water features. As I'm not using heat this should be OK & it's a lot cheaper than the proper VW stuff.

Attachments

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #273 ·
Unfortunately my "custom" outlets are designed to take a 25mm rail internally so the hose won't fit over them. I didn't have any 25mm tube kicking around to make some stubby adaptors, however I'd kept the original Y pieces from the Beetle. As 1 of them was cracked anyway & was of no real use, I thought I'd just cut off the small connector & use that as my adaptor...............

Attachments

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #275 · (Edited)
Here is the system all plumbed up. The good news is that after wiring it all up it seems to work well enough to blow some air through the vents. Result :D

Perhaps not the prettiest looking set up but functional. The corner vent connections are larger (30mm) than the centre ones but luckily the hose pushed inside for a snug fit.

Attachments

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #278 ·
It's been quite a while & I could list loads of excuses if needed. Anyway I have been looking at getting this finally done & with the weather so good at the moment I rolled it outside in the fresh air.

It had gotten quite dusty so I gave it a quick wash. It hasn't been outside & had pictures taken since the windscreen was done. A few views of it aired up to almost full height:

Attachments

261 - 280 of 322 Posts