Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Sheddy said:
Has anyone got an MP3 of Captain Beefheart doing a cover of Howlin Wolfs 'Somebody in my home' from mid 60's around the time of A and M sessions. Cannot get it anywhere anyone help. Over the moon if someomne has it!
Cheers Sheddy
Think your on your own here Bud,, maybe they all think Captain Beefheart was a 60s cartoon character,,, try the Spice girls or Take That & your be on a winner :lol: :lol:

Peely would have been your guy :hangloose

Leave it with me,,, I know someone that may be able to help.
PM me the request so I don't forget (its late n Im old) will speak to the guy on friday.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Sheddy said:
Has anyone got an MP3 of Captain Beefheart doing a cover of Howlin Wolfs 'Somebody in my home' from mid 60's around the time of A and M sessions. Cannot get it anywhere anyone help. Over the moon if someomne has it!
Cheers Sheddy
captain beefheart is fucking quality!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and yes im sure ive got that at home!!!!!!!!!!

I finish work at 1am, should be home by 2am, but better not turn me PC on when i get in, dont wanna wake me partner up (by the way hes a huge fan and got me in2 the beefheart), but I will have a look 2mo morning!!

Im sure weve got it!!!

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Sheddy said:
Cheers Sheddy
do u know what albulm its on?

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I completely forgot about this thread. Nice to know I am not the only one here that likes Mr van vliet. Thanks for looking for me but managed to fing 1 chap on Limewire that had it. Took me ages to get it. Was on grow fins album. What a blinding tune. :D :)
:hangloose

·
I really must get out more
6,306 Posts
Brian Burrows said:
You know where the 'Captain Beefheart' name came from?

Allegedly? ;)
so legend has it, i beleive that it has something to do with his very large bell end :crazy:

someone looked at it and said it looks like a big beefheart !!!

sumat like that anyway !!!! :D

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
17,488 Posts
villawagen said:
so legend has it, i beleive that it has something to do with his very large bell end :crazy:

someone looked at it and said it looks like a big beefheart !!!

sumat like that anyway !!!! :D
i was led to believe it was his uncle. he'd get drunk at parties, get it out and squeeeeeeze the end, saying "it looks like a big ol' beefheart!"

(i don't have the recording - sorry.)

:hangloose

·
Registered
78,060 Posts
Sheddy said:
Cheers Sheddy
can't help you with the track

not a mega fan but have got Safe As Milk and funnily enough had it on yesterday

:)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts