Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,523 Posts
Rad Dubs and Englishmen said:
Elaborate please, dates model years if you can.
As I believe it, pre '65 doors have smaller windows. 65 and early 66's (I think they changed in august ) have a push catch (inside) square door push catch on the outside whereas late 66's and 67's have the pull door catch, and due to this the hole in the door is slightly different.

I've had a right hassel trying to find the correct doors, there are LOADS of people selling beetle bits that told me the wrong things, saying all 66's will fit and others saying 65 doors are one year only.

·
Registered
6,523 Posts
paddy311 said:
he needs to learn for himself by getting it wrong - not by reading internet stuff.

maybe its ME who is actually helping ?

nah - that'd be too unbelievable, wouldnt it ;)
Whatever paddy, I know how hard it is to find the right doors for a 65, I don't see any problem in helping him, I'm sure you didn't learn all you know through research, asking others is something we all need to do sometimes. But then I guess there are some that get enjoyment from some peoples inexperience and misfortune.

As I said there are many people that don't know the difference between these doors, and there is one company in particular that I went to for some (a company you would think knew what they were talking about) who got it wrong themselves and told me any '66 would fit. I'm just glad I didn't go ahead and buy them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.