Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just bought a new daily.....insured it before i picked it up but the insurance say it could take 4 days for the covernote to turn up......i dont break the law :) but if i tax it in 4 days time the tax starts from the beginning of the month......i REALLY need to use it to go to work....whats the score.....is it a no no or is it a grey area?the cars just gone in my name(in paper) but the dvla wont have it on there database yet!so i cant even tax it online(my insurance started this morning and should be on the database....hense not having to wait for a covernote)

·
snide twat
39,983 Posts
if you get stopped or a traffic warden sees the car parked on the road anywhere you'll get fined for not displaying a valid tax disk.

last year I did exactly what you want to do and it cost me 48 pounds :)

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
If it's had a computerised mot then you should be able to buy tax on-line.

You still got to wait for the disc to arrive though!

·
Registered
26,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
roly said:
If it's had a computerised mot then you should be able to buy tax on-line.

You still got to wait for the disc to arrive though!
the cars just gone in my name(in paper) but the dvla wont have it on there database yet!so i cant even tax it online
;)

·
Registered
705 Posts
spiny said:
if you get stopped or a traffic warden sees the car parked on the road anywhere you'll get fined for not displaying a valid tax disk.

last year I did exactly what you want to do and it cost me 48 pounds :)
Exactly as he said. The old bill (Except traffic, or you did some other offence) would prob let you off - Wardens = no chance

1 - 6 of 6 Posts