Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive just had a go at making one. it consited of:

garlic clove
one tin of chopped tomatoes
salt and pepper
5 scotch bonnet peppers :D

its just simmering on the pan as we speak so give it an hour to mix and sweat all flavours and we will see what its like ay! proabably a little :eek: i hope!

has any one else got any good suggestions on making a good hot sauce?

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah i know, ive already rubbed them before and it stung a little to say the least. why yoghurt by the way? i hope its not to cool it down as thats the whole point of making a hot sauce, making it hot! ;)

·
Registered
115 Posts
better your eyes than other sensitive area's if you know what i mean :eek: :eek:

Mix in a few bird eye chilli.... should a little more je ne ce quoi

·
Registered
10,752 Posts
lithomaniac said:
better your eyes than other sensitive area's if you know what i mean :eek: :eek:
LMAO just what I was thinking...your eyes may be the least of your worries...don't drink anything for a while ok? :lol:

5 scotch bonnets will be more than just a 'little kick' :eek:

If you're going to the Breeze tomorrow I don't wanna stand near you :lol:

·
Registered
224 Posts
Hot Sauce

If you want something that'll really blow out the cobwebs checkout extremefood.com Their hottest sauce is 1000 times hotter than tabasco!! Much fun to be had!!

·
Registered
22,227 Posts
when i used to work in los amigos latinerican restraunt as a yoot we used to make some right crazy stuff . the owner anni bazan de fishcer had this chilli from peru cal "hahipanker "?? thats how it sounded anyways it was dried and dark red we used to mix it up in hot water to get it back to its fleshy state then blend it down into a red sauce

in the pan

1 onion
2 bulbs garlic
hand full bird eye chilis
hand full scotch bonnet
4 capsicums
oilive oil

then fry it all for about 2 mins add the hahipanker then simmer for 15 more then put the corriander in and blend it all up again to a smooth hot paste

this would then be used as our base for

salsa
guacomale
salpicon de pollio
lomo saltado
fejuada
and other authentic latin food

blimey typing that just now after 14years ago had made me realise i really do know and remember everthing ive ever learned about cooking ever ..
i may do a book one day :D( although ill have to get jane to do the grammer and spelling ;)

ps it is by far the hottest ive ever seen

although
harrisha and sambal are both superior hot sauces from tunis and malaysia

1 - 11 of 11 Posts