Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sally is needing to buy another car to replace her 100k plus miles 1400cc 2013 Vauxhall Corsa.

We buy Anycrap offer is £1500

She is fixated on a Ford Fiesta 1.25 3 door or 5 door Zetec

BUT……….

She also likes Suzuki Swifts.

An 18-plate 1.0 liter Boosterjet SZ-T with around 22k miles is £8900

A 16-plate 1.25 Fiesta Zetec with 18k miles is £8400

So the question for those who either own(ed) or pay to maintain either of these cars…….

What are the big warnings, like, dislike etc.

Thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
4,959 Posts
Suzuki parts can sometimes be hard to source. Also parts prices can be astronomical.

But if i had the chance/money id love a late Suzuki Jimny. They look like theye built from meccano 😄.

As for Fords, well theyre just Fords aren't they?
Bread n butter cars that do the job.

Maybe she should go test drive both models and see what she likes best.

·
Registered
4,376 Posts
I had a 2007 diesel fiesta for 18 months. In that time I spent £1500 on parts alone to keep it on the road!
I part exchanged it for a swift sport. Omg what a car! I loved it, reminded me of the mk1 golf gti, nippy, great handling etc. Could be quite fuel efficient too.
I got dealt a massive blow last year so it had to go. I miss it like no other car I've owned!

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
19,225 Posts
I spend a lot of time in both of these models at work. More so the Fiestas as they are more popular with instructors.

I haven’t noticed any massive issues with either tbh. The Swift feels very light/cheap though. The doors are so light and tinny. I do prefer the interior though and they are nice and roomy for a small car.

The Fiestas are a little bland but do the job well. They feel more substantial than the Swift. They seem to go through suspension bushes quite quickly though as they are forever clunking. They also have a stupid dash that lights up all the time and the front DRLs can make it look like you have your headlights on (coupled with the dash being lit up) but of course you don’t, and there will be no rear lights on. So you see an alarming amount of them driving around in the dark with just the front DRLs on. I can up behind one on the motorway like that once! 😳

·
Registered
3,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
15 plate Fiesta 1.25
Just Under 40k miles
Full Ford service history
All checks clear
Red
£7500.00

Bought.

Thank you all for input and advice