Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
10,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
cut a long story short...

white van..Irish dude shout"whent to buy a lcd tv for 150 quid?

My Mate...Damm right ill have one!

Me:rolleyes::crazy::lol:

Gets box home.....wait for it!!!

Its an LCD screen allright..but thats it!!:lol:

Just the panel! no surround, no nothing!!

is it possible to get the surround from the model number? and if i typed up all the info i have would you be able to help me make this thing more....erm....tvlike?:)

·
ready for the off....
36,619 Posts
Reminds me of a mate who got stung years ago when he bought a leather coat of a guy out of the boot of a car. SHows him one in a tatty box - the coats fine and he tries it on. Hands over the £50 and seller says 'I'll get you one in a nicer box...

...when he gets it home its got a blanket folded up in it :D :D :D

Dont ask us about TV's after this week - moved our old telly from living room up to the bedroom and moved old bedroom telly into conservatory. agter just one hour the ex living room telly packs up and I reckon in moving it we disturbed the various electronic bits. Lugged it back down stairs and put original bedroom telly back - it survived one hour and went 'pop' :(

Downstairs telly lost the sound so we rang NTL for an over the phone fix - done but then 2 hours later all the internet broke and Mrs is back on the helpline to fix that. Then the wireless thingy packed up (and its back on again)

Telly Hell :)

·
Registered
17,387 Posts
We had a similar thing at an old work donkeys years ago,boss bought a dvd player,took it out checked it and everything,cocky twat that was with us bought a tv and a video,all wrapped nicely,only the tv was aerosoled silver and the video had a brick glued down inside to give it the weight:lol: He rang the paddys up to be told what a good time they were having with his money:lol:

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
14,361 Posts
**TIP**

If it sounds too good to be true, then it usually IS:incheek:

especially when offered by white van Pikey:lol:

Does it work? just got no case?

if so you could always fit it flush into a cabinet like the ones you see on cribs.:bandit:

·
Registered
13,345 Posts
This is like the old 'I'm delivering these speakers and have a spare set - yours for £XXX.' Anyone daft enough to get caught out by this sort of bollocks needs boiling.

·
Registered
10,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have no idea whether it work..have no way of powering it up without a case:lol:

I cant beleive that my mate handed over the cash without opening the box!hes lucky to have got a screen..or not really..im a chippy and could have made something out of the peice of ply that could have been in there!:lol:

·
Registered
11,610 Posts
whatever happened to the knobbers who used to go round the Essex trading estates in flash Beemers - 'psst, hey, mate, wanna buy a watch, just been doing deliveries to a jewellers in London, got a few left over.....worth a grand each, i'll take £100'...etc etc. :rolleyes::stupid:

·
Registered
10,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
whatever happened to the knobbers who used to go round the Essex trading estates in flash Beemers - 'psst, hey, mate, wanna buy a watch, just been doing deliveries to a jewellers in London, got a few left over.....worth a grand each, i'll take £100'...etc etc. :rolleyes::stupid:
They do the rounds of Swindon every chrimbo!:lol:

·
Registered
10,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
:lol:

im pretty sure you dont even need a tv licience as you cant get the bbc on this.....or feck all else for that matter!!:lol:

im gonna build a case from chicken wire and car body filler and tell him i sorted it..ill charge him 300 quid!:lol:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts