Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need an FTP programme to upload my website, tried a few freeware ones but they keep running out of date. need one that I can stick with. Anybody know of any free one or where I can buy one from?

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
prophet said:
I've never noticed a problem!

If you use Firefox you could try the FireFTP extension?
I was using smartFTP till recently, got sick of it so installed Filezilla.

I'll re-install it later and see if that helps.

I tend to use FF and IE so may try that later

·
Registered
14,055 Posts
can you not just use the one built into windows.. i used to use filezilla, but recently got into the habit of just using windoze explorer...

·
snide twat
39,982 Posts
Sam Jelfs said:
can you not just use the one built into windows.. but recently got into the habit of just using windoze explorer...
jesus, no!

smartftp is the best free client out there in my opinion.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I used to use fmart FTP but it ran out of date and I couldnt reload for some reason

·
snide twat
39,982 Posts
campervanman said:
I used to use fmart FTP but it ran out of date and I couldnt reload for some reason
what did it say ? it only 'expires' when a newer version is available.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
it said your 30day trial has expired and you need to buy. I'm not a tight arse, I just know there will be some free progammes out there. Currently trying WS FTP, but cant quite get either my password or server name correct

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
okay slight advance now I have WS ftp installed, but keep coming up with eero message
'Address lookup of "ftp.freespace.virgin.net/" failed. It may be misspelled, or your computer may not be connected to the network or Internet.
Also check that your DNS and local name servers are properly configured and responding.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
no, I dont have a firewall

·
Registered
234 Posts
You are using the wrong address. The address to upload files to virgin freespace is upload.virgin.net . You then view it on the freespace address.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Mr doggy you are a life saver, many thanks! Ok now I can update my website!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts