Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Mine's 72, with the rod linkage through the floor... if thats any good I can shoot u a couple of pics but have a feeling you after the later set up.... :(

·
Registered
12,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lowval said:
Mine's 72, with the rod linkage through the floor... if thats any good I can shoot u a couple of pics but have a feeling you after the later set up.... :(
I'm as sure as I can be that yours is too early, but if you get the chance a photo would settle it. Cheers dude!

·
Watercooled, and warm!
10,277 Posts
Took mine off my '73 bus two days ago, no pics unfortunatly, but what do you need to know? Theres a lug halfway down the back that the connecting lever pops through and thats held in with a wound spring clip, I think, I can get a photo tonight if you like?

·
Registered
25,413 Posts
I know what you mean re trying to find the right pedal! Just so you know, there are 3 types. I found Schofields to be the cheapest at Vanfest to source the bits.

·
Registered
12,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I need to know how the pedal sits in relation to the hinge and how the spring sits - the van I have in my car has been so comprehensively messed with I have had some difficulty getting it back correctly :)

I also need the lever that the accelerator cable goes into on the left hand side of the cross bar part of the linkage as well if anyone's got a spare. It's just a piece of flat metal with a hole in one end and a slotted hole in the other, probably just over 2 inches long according to ETKA.

·
Registered
25,413 Posts
tell me about it! my pedal used to lie pretty much on the floor, then after fitting what we thought was the correct pedal and ancillaries, the pedal devolped a hard'on! Not so bad on the motorway, but a bit uncomfortable for around-town. I haven't yet got around to fitting the bits i bought at vanfest.
Sorry I can't help with pics - mine's Oct'72

·
Registered
12,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It was the hard on that was the problem - it turned out to be a trade off between maximum throttle at the carb end and stiffness at the start of pedal travel. Loosening the cable slightly sorted it :) The late linkage is a shite design IMHO - this is the first time I've had to rebuild one but at lease I've got it pinned down now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts