Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
have a few ideas + did mine a few years ago..

basical you need a few altered for different jobs... but 2 pages A4 is a good start with possible a single side of A4 break it down into our job history. starting at your last job.. break it down into job changes etc, highlght you role & tasks you competed,

but your basic education down & a couple of references.

have a lay out somewhere not sure in what format can try & dig out.. good luck.....

·
Registered
6,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The part I'm having the most problem with is the skills set bit, I know what i can do (and can not) but I don't know how to word it properly :confused: (and reading back, this doesn't even seem to explain what I mean so i have no chance)

·
snide twat
39,983 Posts
Missbugbabe said:
The part I'm having the most problem with is the skills set bit, I know what i can do (and can not) but I don't know how to word it properly :confused: (and reading back, this doesn't even seem to explain what I mean so i have no chance)
you write it tailored to the job your going for.

e.g: it says 'good people skills'

you write:

"I was part of a department that dealt with the public via phonecalls, this entailed listening to and understanding the customers needs then acting on their requests for example I ... *"

or "good time management"

you write:

" my previous job involved me managing my own workload while meeting weekly targets for example I ... *"

* this is where you write a few sentences describing what you actually did so for the people skills bit you might write:

"I answered calls from customers helped solve their warranty queries on the particular brand of oven they had purchased to their satisfaction"

·
Registered
627 Posts
I read somewhere that you should write a base cv - and then when it comes to a particular job taylor your skills to what the job description recquires. So just tell them what they want to hear.

·
Registered
6,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
spiny said:
you write it tailored to the job your going for.

e.g: it says 'good people skills'

you write:

"I was part of a department that dealt with the public via phonecalls, this entailed listening to and understanding the customers needs then acting on their requests for example I ... *"

or "good time management"

you write:

" my previous job involved me managing my own workload while meeting weekly targets for example I ... *"

* this is where you write a few sentences describing what you actually did so for the people skills bit you might write:

"I answered calls from customers helped solve their warranty queries on the particular brand of oven they had purchased to their satisfaction"
:) thank you Spiny :)

Back to word then.... :waves:

edi oooops typo :crazy:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts