Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
25,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Investigating the potential for a holiday in March. I've never been to Lanzarote. Red Leader says its nothing like the hell hole i stayed in in Gran Canaria.

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
Nice and chilled place. Me and the missus went a few years ago in May and thoroughly enjoyed it. We might even try and get over for a week this year if possible.;)

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
12,127 Posts
Nice chilled place, I have travelled nearly every road there in a long road trip and visited most of the island.

Make sure you go on a trip to the north of the island and go into the cave trip for the amazing ending;)

Also Up North for the amazing views. climb up the mountain for the best view.

La Santa not much there but they have an awsome wave if your into surfing.

Do the camel trip and the volcano stuff as well.

south down the bottom in nice and chilled.

hire a car;)

if I can find them I will post some pics.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Defo hire a car...you can travel the entire island in a day..well like an overview type thing.

One of the more interesting experiences I have had is going off the beaten track and finding a small wine/spirit producing farm.

I had all sorts there including Cactus liqueur, tasted nice ;)

·
Registered
5,674 Posts
we've got an apartment over there and used to go every year but aint done it for a couple of years but we're going back in april for a week :D

if you like it quiet you'll love it over there just make sure you were sun block as you get burnt to a crisp out there really quickly

try to stay near the old town at the bottom of the hill if you can as further up towards arricife can be windy and a bit scabby

and the waters always freezing

·
Registered
25,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
red leader has been there before and stayed in an apartment rented from a private owner, so i think car rental is a dead cert. i think he does a bit of surfing while he's there too.

is the sea water cold? i know it was bloody freezing and too rough in november at grand canaria. we only went to the beach one day when i was there.

·
Registered
21,469 Posts
we went for 2 weeks last year,stayed in costa teguise to the north of the island,loved it - as steve said above you must do the cave tour and go to mirador del rio for the most unbeleivable views

·
Registered
8,032 Posts
I thought that the water was warm when i went. i was surfing in just board shorts.

The caves verdi are great. Hello Pepe. :lol:

The port is really nice there is a few good resturants there.

·
Registered
25,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I thought that the water was warm when i went. i was surfing in just board shorts.

The caves verdi are great. Hello Pepe. :lol:

The port is really nice there is a few good resturants there.
is there a submarine?

·
Registered
589 Posts
Water is as warm as anywhere else I've been.
There is a submarine that sails out of Puerto Del Carmen, we went on it last year. Worth doing but don't expect too much from it.;)
The market at Costa Teguise is a "must". Absolutely fantastic and very cheap.
A trip to the Timanfaya is a good day out as are the caves. It does tend to be very windy in the first half of the year, especially further north, Arrecife, Costa Teguise etc.
Also a visit to the Music Hall Tavern to see the drag act is an absolute must do. You can't have more fun with your clothes on!

·
Registered
25,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i went on the sub at grand canaria, it wasn't that exciting. i think once is enough :D

·
Registered
25,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Titti Trollops Music Hall Tavern

there's a hawaiian bar opposite! Thats all i need to know!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts