Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
18,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You would not belive the amount of people walkinround colecting scrap on trollies round here

There is a disused factory next to me and they have stripped every single cable out of the place i was talking to the blokes bricking up the windows and he says they have caused at least 20000 of damage :eek:

Is copper that valuble at the mo

·
Banned
18,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gunna try and get a picture of one of um you will not belive it :rolleyes:

Some push wheely bins some have like shopin trollies but they r very busy .... they must walk past here 3 times aday each and theres a good few of em

Theres a scrap merchant up the road from here

·
Registered
687 Posts
Copper is about 2200 quid a tonne where I live at the moment, A standard copper tank from your average central heating is about 40 to 60 quid, so everyones jumping on the bandwagon.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
that the old presto tools place then? it'll probably be student flats in a couple of years way things are going round there

·
Registered
21,202 Posts
*dons stained coat that smells of piss with a bottle of cider in the side pocket*

So how much would the copper be worth from say an old Beetle wiring loom? ;)

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
as i posted on here before, chinese construction boom has sent metal prices rocketing

plumber told me you could buy copper pipes at B&Q and sell them immediately to a copper scrap dealer for more than you paid for them!

·
Registered
10,114 Posts
could easily make 2/3 hundred smackers for a few hours graft :eek: metals are good at the mo ;) The pork links are buying half the worlds concrete :eek:

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
DRUNKENBUM said:
Were else r they getin scrap from ....their like ants all day back and forth :crazy:
bet theyve gutted the old stones brewery, and everything thats gettin closed/knocked down round neepsend to make way for the new bypass

·
I'm not an addict... honest!
3,840 Posts
We've had reports of the lightening conductors from pylons and the odd bridge going walkies.

Ahh the irony of one of the little feckers getting struck

Darwin award.

·
Registered
145 Posts
they keep knockin em down but never get any further with feckin bypass, :crazy: how long does it take?? :eek:

·
Banned
18,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
it will never be finished cos the smack heads nickin there bridge suports and pushin em 3 miles in a blue wheelie bid to Bramhalls scrap merchant across from wednesday ground :D

Honest now i have menciond this topic you will all start noticing them

·
Registered
4,229 Posts
coops said:
hahahaha

:lol:

latest round here is pikeys knicking the cellar grates from outside houses. First it was the storm drain grates, now this.

Cunts. Some kid will seriously hurt themselves if they fall down, and you can guarantee it will be the home owner liable :mad:

the worst thing is, somebody is buying them, knowing full well what they are
:mad:

·
Registered
45,845 Posts
were building two schools, we wieghed our scrap copper in last week, the other school didnt, it was gone this morning

having said that its not always the pikies, i have worked with a bloke that would come in and nick the copper at the weekend, does it regular, never gets caught, tbh i dont know why someone hasnt lynched him yet, i find him rather fowl

·
Banned
18,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The blokes i see r out and out grey smack heads :(

I have been in presto tools through the hole they smashed in the wall :eek:

The damage they have done in there is unreal they have cut the 440 volt cables witch were live ...it must have taken weeks

·
Registered
45,845 Posts
a transic flat bed comes down our road regular on weekdays, they have a nosey down drives, not seen them take anything, but i think tbh im the only one with bits of metal around :D

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
work on the bypass is being held up in places cos they are using shit equipment, they darent bring the decent stuff in.

the guys doing the foundations up on the spital hill side brought a brand new Cat drilling rig when they first started up there, within 3 days it had been burnt out (£180,000 i think they said it cost :eek: )

1 - 20 of 22 Posts