Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spent esterday welding up Chloes bug and seem to have given myself arc eye:(

yeah yeah i know all that i shoulda had a mask on stuff and i did for most of it.

any cures guys, Im using optex at 3MPG at the mo :lol:

·
Registered
551 Posts
Sorry dude.......Thats painful..best info has been given, just try to keep eyes closed as much as ;)

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
Bet that orange paint you've got isn't helping :(

ouchies dude.

apparently teabags (used, cold) on the eyes helps.

I'd just sleep.

·
Registered
6,403 Posts
invalidusername said:
Cold tea bags with a damp flannel over it.
Make sure they are a little bit damp. Slices of cucumber works too - it's not the ingredients but the moise cooling effect that you are after.

·
Registered
13,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
cheers guys done most of them :lol:

its much better now than it was in the early hours of the morning

what i dont get is i havnt welded since 1 oclock yesterday lunchtime and they where ok til late last night. Why does it take that long to kick in?

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
Slow cooking of the retina ;), it takes time cos it's the healing that hurts, not the injury

·
Banned
18,444 Posts
Brian Burrows said:
Funny enough I was welding my mower/tractor yesterday . . . with an ARC welder (rods) :eek: . . . very primitive . . . I'd forgotten just HOW pimitive :lol:
That primative welding proses is holding up a 1 mile stretch of the m1 6 lanes wide in sheffiled
:eek:

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Brian Burrows said:
I know . . . back in the day it was ALL we had :D

But MIGs (and TIGs) kinda spoil us . . . sparking up an 'old-fashioned' rod/arc welder was like a step back in time yesterday :lol:

Must buy a MIG ;)

Bri
Agreed with you there, my mates just bought a tig welder cant wait for a go of that.

·
Registered
13,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Paul Knight said:
haha, i've got a sh!tty case of arc eye right now, too! shouldn't laugh but it helps relieve the pain when i think there's somebody else out there that should know better, too!!
feck off :incheek:

Shock Horror!!! Mag Editior should know better thread coming up :lol:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts