Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
166,983 Posts
I keep looking at Porsche seats as I’m after something a bit more sporty for my beetle, but they all seem to have at least some electric adjustment.

Does anyone know what the most modern Porsche (or similar) seats are that don’t have any electrics in them? I really don’t want to add any more weight.
You'll need to go back to the 80s to get regular/manual adjust seats.

I would imagine 924 seats can still be found. Decent seats - and not full of electrics. (y)

·
Registered
8,754 Posts
924 are ideal. I had some in my ghia. do you use DDK? There’s a chap I know there who really knows his porsche seats... can put you in touch if you’re
stuck.

·
Registered
7,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
924 are ideal. I had some in my ghia. do you use DDK? There’s a chap I know there who really knows his porsche seats... can put you in touch if you’re
stuck.
I don’t use DDK, but if you could put me in touch that would be great, thank you.

Thanks to everyone for their replies. I really like the design and support of the newer seats and they are nicely compact which is good for a beetle, but they are really heavy with all the electrics!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Porsche seats have Porsche tax. How deep are your pockets?

MX5 seats are more reasonably priced, if you want something modern, comfortable, adjustable.

At a pinch you can fit BMW 1 series seats (3dr if you want them to fold/slide for rear access). However they are super tight and barely fit (width limits). They are also not that light, even the manual versions.

·
I really must get out more
6,094 Posts
I had a pair of old Porsche seats in a Beetle years ago, kept them after the bug had long gone and turned out they were early 911 and quite desireable. Sold them for £1200

Reactions: type3

·
Registered
7,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sorry guys, late back to the party! I have some Cayman 987 seats already, which look great and are really supportive, but I just don't know if I want to add that much weight (and wiring). Money no object I would be fitting Recaro Sportster CS seats as they are absolutely fantastic, but the budget just does not stretch to £1800 for a pair of used seats.

I'm not a massive fan of the looks of the old 924 tombstones, and they don't look that supportive either? No side bolster on the base? I will look at MX5 seats, not something I had thought of.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts