Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
20,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You lot, thought I had forgotten
Come on; TallPaul, invalidusername, Girl of Leisure, dragster172, Nige G, DOF, jennybugs, Munkey, Russ74Ghia. How did you get in last week?

Just post let us all know how you did - on schedule or slipped?

I slipped. I managed only about 8 or 9 miles in the gym in 2 and 3 mile sessions was aiming for double figures easily - managed only about 80 lengths in the pool, was aiming for 100. Rowed about only about 2km.

And instead of heading to Wales at the weekend to go up something round and welsh I ended up doing someone's garden! how come I have a gardener to do mine yet I end up doing someone elseís? But a chain saw was involved - so that was good.

·
Banned
12,512 Posts
AHA!!

Right....I slipped a bit but fully intend to make up for it this week.

Went out for a run last night and the knees felt good, I don't know if it's the Glucosamine or the fact that I've been wearing MBT shoes of late. It could be both I suppose....ANYHOO....I've got the little leisures today so will stick them on thier bikes and go for a little run down to the park.

1 month meat free (no not that you dirty minded lot!!).

·
Banned
12,512 Posts
metric_thumbs said:
Thank you GoL for using the correct channel.

get the Soph to respond here as well - now!!
They seem to find the other thread cosier....maybe you should get some scatter cushions, maybe a coffee machine in here?

·
Registered
20,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't do interior decoration!! Only locker rooms.

Whilst on that subject - how is locker room ettiquet in the womans side? I find the way blokes act in the changing room so funny - as we do not know how to react to each other. If you say hello and how did it go to a stranger - whom you might have seen a number of time - there is this huffy stance and a mumble - then if you ask again or say someting about football - they respond and others join in.

BTW I did see Ainsley Harriott's bollocks once!!

·
Banned
12,512 Posts
metric_thumbs said:
I don't do interior decoration!! Only locker rooms.

Whilst on that subject - how is locker room ettiquet in the womans side? I find the way blokes act in the changing room so funny - as we do not know how to react to each other. If you say hello and how did it go to a stranger - whom you might have seen a number of time - there is this huffy stance and a mumble - then if you ask again or say someting about football - they respond and others join in.

BTW I did see Ainsley Harriott's bollocks once!!
Girls changing rooms? Ah that's our favourite part! After getting all hot and sweaty in the gym we help one another undress and all jump into the showers together, that way we get to soap eachother up and clean those hard to reach places.

:incheek: :crazy: :D

·
Registered
20,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
girlofleisure said:
Girls changing rooms? Ah that's our favourite part! After getting all hot and sweaty in the gym we help one another undress and all jump into the showers together, that way we get to soap eachother up and clean those hard to reach places.
I know - I saw the film - in fact I made it!!!
ahhh - blissss

·
Registered
20,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Enough - you are frighttenning the rest of the running crew away

(actually I was the very tall blonde with a deep voice - and a camera - remember?)

·
Registered
4,584 Posts
Sapic Soph ???
just found chapter 4 :eek: , legs still hurting LOL might go a little 3 miles after work, well it's lovely and sunny now and need to losen up anyway :crazy:

·
Registered
107 Posts
girlofleisure said:
AHA!!

Right....I slipped a bit but fully intend to make up for it this week.

Went out for a run last night and the knees felt good, I don't know if it's the Glucosamine or the fact that I've been wearing MBT shoes of late. It could be both I suppose....ANYHOO....I've got the little leisures today so will stick them on thier bikes and go for a little run down to the park.

1 month meat free (no not that you dirty minded lot!!).
Hey hey hey everyone! Sounds like some of you have some work to do this week!!! I had a taper week in prep for the Great South Run on Sunday, which was excellent! Shocking weather- rain and wind especially bad for mile 8-9 on the front, but I love running in the rain, as GoL and I were just saying and so all was good. Great t-shirt and medal too! I loved it! Back to the programme now- day off yesterday!

MBT's- Not sure about mine, they fit, they're ok, but I find the 'grey area' too large- they are too easy to walk the wrong way in them, and I'm not sure about that style of gait anyway! The jury is still out in the physiotherapy and chiropractic world. I do like them, but it's not love! How do you find them GoL? Do you run in them? Have you tried Chung Shi's?

I'm a veggie- meat free is the way forward, good for you! Start a vegetarian thread!!!! :D

·
Banned
12,512 Posts
DOF said:
Hey hey hey everyone! Sounds like some of you have some work to do this week!!! I had a taper week in prep for the Great South Run on Sunday, which was excellent! Shocking weather- rain and wind especially bad for mile 8-9 on the front, but I love running in the rain, as GoL and I were just saying and so all was good. Great t-shirt and medal too! I loved it! Back to the programme now- day off yesterday!

MBT's- Not sure about mine, they fit, they're ok, but I find the 'grey area' too large- they are too easy to walk the wrong way in them, and I'm not sure about that style of gait anyway! The jury is still out in the physiotherapy and chiropractic world. I do like them, but it's not love! How do you find them GoL? Do you run in them? Have you tried Chung Shi's?

I'm a veggie- meat free is the way forward, good for you! Start a vegetarian thread!!!! :D
How long have you had you MBT's? I'm sure 'someone' will come on later and give you the lowdown on them and answer any questions, oh and slate Chung shi too.

I haven't run in mine yet as I'm still getting used to them but I feel my posture improves as soon as I put them on and as I say my knees seem to have strengthened too. I will have a go at running in them at some point...it'll be bloody tough though, like running on sand! :eek:

I'm not missing meat at all but I'm not proper veggie, I'm eating loads of fish....which can only be a good thing....not for the fish though. :lol:

I stopped smoking 2 weeks ago too, not that I smoked that much anyway but I felt my running suffered because of it.

·
Registered
20,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The intelligent ones will come along and answer this better - but if after a long layoff I think you are trying too much. I would be doing a lot less but every day.

But as I say - the smart ones will be along soon.....

·
Banned
12,512 Posts
thegavster said:
Quick question for you guys as you all seem to be quite into your exercise... I've just started doing some exercise again, first time in a good few years sadly, but at least I'm having a go, anyway, I'm doing a combination of stuff, running once a week and two sessions on the Concept II each week. At the moment I'm handling it ok, however what's your opinion on recovery times, especially for someone who's been out of practice? I've been making a point of leaving 48hrs between sessions as I don't feel I'm recovering particualrly quickly, especially from a run. However on the ergo I've been doing up to 10k at a time and I seem to feel pretty much ok the next day however after a run I feel pretty stiff the next day. Any ideas, I've been doing a lot of stretching after each session as well, so that shouldn't be the problem.

Cheers

Gav
If by 'the ergo' you mean a running machine (been a while since I was in the gym) then you'll find it's far more cushioned than road running it's also easier as it's is moving for you....all you're doing is lifting you legs up and letting the 'road' travel underneath! If you want a more realistic workout on a running machine give it a 2 degree incline. Running machines have thier place but you'll never get the same run as you will outside though. I'd say get out more often but don't, perhaps, expect to do the same mileage at first....build up slowly

If an ergo isn't a running machine disregard the above. :crazy: :D

·
Banned
12,512 Posts
thegavster said:
Sorry, ergo is the rowing maching, I'm not a big fan of gyms when there's parks to run in, a couple of bikes in the garage and a rowing machine in the spare room :D

gav
Fair enough....sorry. :crazy:

So where is the stiffness that you're experiencing after your run?

·
Banned
12,512 Posts
thegavster said:
Next morning, well, there's stiffness in several areas but one of those is nothing to do with the running ;). Not sure which muscles, will try and make a mental note next time I've done a run.

gav
As I pressed submit I realised it sounded rather rude!!

Well it may be general muscle tiredness. Try taking some Rego or Nocte (SIS products that aid recovery and muscle repair). See if that helps.

·
Registered
107 Posts
girlofleisure said:
How long have you had you MBT's? I'm sure 'someone' will come on later and give you the lowdown on them and answer any questions, oh and slate Chung shi too.

I stopped smoking 2 weeks ago too, not that I smoked that much anyway but I felt my running suffered because of it.
Hello! Good for you for giving up smoking- nice one!

Who is 'someone'?! Who is the MBT seller out there???

I've had them for a year or so. Running in them is odd, so I don't!!! :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 79 Posts