Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Or have any experience of selling one?

Its on my bike, which has broken down and I could be doing with recouping a few quid from it. Still got an MOT so would rather do it sooner than later.

Its JES ###X if anyone is interested ;)

Cheers
Stu

·
Registered
13,088 Posts
ask the DVLA about what paper work you may need to fill out first, then sell it on ebay, then sell the bike as bits on ebay.

·
Registered
12,832 Posts
i did this on thursday. you'll need to fill in a form at your local dvla office (think its called a v788) this form, along with the logbook, a current mot and tax disc will allow you to put the plate on retention certificate. this will then mean you can sell the number plate. it takes 4 days to change over. oh, and costs £105 ;)

·
Registered
12,832 Posts
you'll also need to take 2 forms of id, drivers licence, passport, birth certificate and one with your address on. utility bill type thing

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replys guys, was sorta hoping for a lazy way out...... Been offered £500 for a commision sale of it, but dont want to sit and wait too.

How long does a rentition last, i.e. how long i got to sell it?

·
Premium Member
2,374 Posts
scotlandstu said:
Thanks for the replys guys, was sorta hoping for a lazy way out...... Been offered £500 for a commision sale of it, but dont want to sit and wait too.

How long does a rentition last, i.e. how long i got to sell it?
Goes on retention for a year, then £25 for a further year.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts