Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an indesit gas oven that will fire up but will not run and sometimes if you get it to run it cuts out after a couple of seconds. any ideas of what might be wrong?

·
Registered
10,112 Posts
typeoneman said:
I have an indesit gas oven that will fire up but will not run and sometimes if you get it to run it cuts out after a couple of seconds. any ideas of what might be wrong?
thermocouple.

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
thermocouple/ffd are really the same thing, you cant really check them, to get a new one try your local gas spares stockists (try HRPC). Oh yeah it 'should' be replaced by a CORGI engineer as its normally linked into the gas section of the cooker

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Javabob said:
thermocouple/ffd are really the same thing, you cant really check them, to get a new one try your local gas spares stockists (try HRPC). Oh yeah it 'should' be replaced by a CORGI engineer as its normally linked into the gas section of the cooker
how easy do you reckon it would be for a novice to fit? is it dangerous?
cheers for you help.
matt

·
Registered
10,112 Posts
typeoneman said:
how easy do you reckon it would be for a novice to fit? is it dangerous?
cheers for you help.
matt
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

. Oh yeah it 'should' be replaced by a CORGI engineer as its normally linked into the gas section of the cooker

whs^ ;)

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
typeoneman said:
When you light the oven do you have to 1/ press down on the oven button for a while before releasing it. or 2/ just light the oven & after a few seconds you get a high flame??.

My guess is its the first one,, if so there is a probe (to thermocouple) in the oven that sits over the burner flame,, if the burner gets shitted up around where the probe sits, and don't keep the probe hot, the oven will cut out. If the thermocouple has gone its an easy DIY job.

The second one is known as an FFD, but Im 99% sure indesit don't use that safty feature.

Either way 1/2 hour job & £20- £40 parts :hangloose

Crap cookers by the way ;) :D

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
manxbuggies said:
When you light the oven do you have to 1/ press down on the oven button for a while before releasing it. or 2/ just light the oven & after a few seconds you get a high flame??.

My guess is its the first one,, if so there is a probe (to thermocouple) in the oven that sits over the burner flame,, if the burner gets shitted up around where the probe sits, and don't keep the probe hot, the oven will cut out. If the thermocouple has gone its an easy DIY job.

The second one is known as an FFD, but Im 99% sure indesit don't use that safty feature.

Either way 1/2 hour job & £20- £40 parts :hangloose

Crap cookers by the way ;) :D
number 1. does that all mean i have to get corgi bloke then?

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
typeoneman said:
number 1. does that all mean i have to get corgi bloke then?
Make sure the burner is clean and is keeping the probe hot whilst holding in the thermostat in first,, coz that could be causing it to go out.
Check the above first,, if no joy then either get the corgi bloke or get the parts & I will tell ya how to fit it.

Trust me, corgi blokes & cookers Ill shit em :moon: :D

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
manxbuggies said:
Make sure the burner is clean and is keeping the probe hot whilst holding in the thermostat in first,, coz that could be causing it to go out.
Check the above first,, if no joy then either get the corgi bloke or get the parts & I will tell ya how to fit it.

Trust me, corgi blokes & cookers Ill shit em :moon: :D
thanks mate, i'll have a go tomorrow then let you know :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts