Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I already do VW rewires I'm now considering selling wiring looms for VWs and I'm mainly concerned if someone tries to sue me because they've wired the thing up wrongly and set their car alight.
Obviously I'll be supplying full instructions but I can only go so far.

All the wires, switches, relays etc are off the shelf ISO rated so the looms really shouldn't need any further rating.

Other than filling everything with disclaimers, I really don't know what else to do.

I don't have the facilities to do "customer tech support" so it's gonna be tricky but I'd rather do this than people be forced to put up with dodgy wiring.

Any advice? :confused:

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
AngelVenomous said:
Any advice? :confused:
You need "products" liability (usually bought together with public liability) This is not however defective workmanship cover. You are covering yourself for injury or financial loss of a third party whilst using your product should it fail. Anything to do with cars / car parts is a big NO NO! with insurance companies. Although wiring is not "safety critical" like brakes you are going to struggle to get a reasonable quote.

·
Registered
14,065 Posts
digital kid said:
Sorry slight hijack :)

Hey Sam Jelfs! you finished college yet? you in the business? what's the score?
not yet, just starting my final year, with all the fun of a dissertation to write... im doing bits and pieces here and there, but nothing major yet... dont suppose you know anyone in the special effects / pyro game?

[/hijack]

·
Registered
21,194 Posts
How much do you charge for a re-wire in total?

·
Registered
21,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nidge said:
You need "products" liability (usually bought together with public liability) This is not however defective workmanship cover. You are covering yourself for injury or financial loss of a third party whilst using your product should it fail. Anything to do with cars / car parts is a big NO NO! with insurance companies. Although wiring is not "safety critical" like brakes you are going to struggle to get a reasonable quote.
Cheers!

Hmm... may have to rethink a few things.

·
Registered
21,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ballbag said:
How much do you charge for a re-wire in total?
If it's for a Bug and you can bring it up to mine in Blyth, Northumberland (about 14 miles north of Newcastle) you'd be looking at around £430 all in.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts