Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Theres six of us wanting to go away skiing over new years as its always an anticlimax! Never actually booked a skiing holiday before!!

So was wondering, am I better sorting out flights, accomadation etc all seperatly or going for a pacakge deal? Know prices are going to be high at that time, but still want to try and do it as cheap as is possible!!

Also wheres a cheap place to go skiing? Was thinking about Andorra as a possibility? But seemas bit odd having to fly to france then transfering there!! lol

Any ideas suggestions would be appreciated!

Cheers

Ant :coffeecup

·
I'm not an addict... honest!
3,840 Posts
Andorra is a place I always here mentioned. Not been there myself. I think Belgium is getting popular now.

Saalbach Hinterglimm was good I thought it was quite cheap. Not much english spoken there though.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
fingy said:
telford snow dome 7 quid an hour
Hmm, a possibility, but just not sure it really constitues getting away for new years!

Will look in to bulgaria could be a good one! Also Belgium, not fussed bout the language thing, makes it more fun I reckon anyhow!!

Cheers
Ant

·
I'm not an addict... honest!
3,840 Posts
I think I may have meant Bulgaria instead of Belgium as I just did a search and there don't seem to be any resorts

Austria was fantatstic for food

·
Registered
20,445 Posts
coops said:
I think I may have meant Bulgaria instead of Belgium as I just did a search and there don't seem to be any resorts

Austria was fantatstic for food
belgium is OK - you just lift one corner up by a couple of hundered meters

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
metric_thumbs said:
belgium is OK - you just lift one corner up by a couple of hundered meters
Lol, think Belgium may be worse than the Telford option in that case!! Been to Austria before was brilliant, but is bit pricey, especially as we want to go over new years.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
I've done Borovets in Bulgaria. It's ok, dirt cheap, but the skiing is fairly limited, and the pistes just aren't as well looked after as they are in the more established resorts. Sadly, you do seem to get what you pay for.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
guz said:
i met some very sexy ladies in Thailand
who are ski instructors in Czech Republic.
Are you sure they really were 'ladies'!!!??? Thiland is a very confusing place in that way!

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hmm I gues you prob do get what you pay for! Anyone been skiing in Andorra, understand that you arnt always garenteed great snow, but I'm happy to take a chance on that! Are the slopes well looked after, good apres ski?

Cheers

Ant

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Have a look into Poland, dirt cheap, i'm off there with my family in february next year, they had an awesome time last year! :)

·
Registered
235 Posts
try LIVIGNO in italy -it's tax free! & i enjoyed it!!!!!!!

( a quote of skiclub.co.uk ) Most remote and cheapest of all Alpine resorts, with good beginner and limited intermediate skiing. The town's duty-free status encourages an alcohol-fuelled nightlife

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hmm I'm liking the sound of Livigno (especially the tax free part!) and Poland will def look in to those! Cheers for your help!

Ant

·
Registered
463 Posts
antling said:
Hmm I'm liking the sound of Livigno (especially the tax free part!) and Poland will def look in to those! Cheers for your help!

Ant
I'd def go for a package- if you get one which includes chalet board you get brekky, afternoon tea, dinner with wine all included. Really good if you wanna go somewhere liek France where drink is expensive (get tanked up before you go out!)
If this is the first time you've been, you really wanna check resorts have enough green and blue runs.
I went to Courchevel last year and got a bargain deal at the end of Jan, all inclusive. wicked location. great snow and slopes
Give Igluski a buzz and they'll sort you out with an ace deal!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts