Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Kodak digital camera has decided to stop working. :(

When its switched on the view finder screen stays black and doesn't show the piccy.
If i take a piccy when its black i end up with a black photo.

Its out of warranty so Kodak won't even suggest anything and it'll cost me £60 just for the local camera shop to just look at it and more if they find anything to fix. :mad:

·
snide twat
39,983 Posts
Zebedee said:
My Kodak digital camera has decided to stop working. :(

When its switched on the view finder screen stays black and doesn't show the piccy.
If i take a piccy when its black i end up with a black photo.

Its out of warranty so Kodak won't even suggest anything and it'll cost me £60 just for the local camera shop to just look at it and more if they find anything to fix. :mad:
sounds like it's "broken"

they are complex electronic devices, it will cost to get it fixed, it's probably time for a new camera.

·
Registered
10,286 Posts
I dropped mine and the zoom lense bit wouldn't o back in and I couldn't take any pics.

Took it to a camera shop and they said it would need a new zoom bit that would cost 150 odd quid.

I went back home and bashed the sticking out zoom bit on the arm of the chair.

Hey presto !! .. One working camera :D

(doing this may not fix yours tho)

·
Registered
8,544 Posts
I've fixed my sony P32 digi cam a couple times I think.. I've fixed a digi camcorder and another digi camera as well, both by just 'showing them a screwdriver'. They get scared when you take them apart, and seem to start working again. Seriously:D

If it's broke, just take the thing apart. The worst thing that can happen will be it's even more broke at the end of it all. Check it's still working after every step, you might find you dislodge something on the way and it starts to work again.. Just look inside and see if theres anything that's obviously not right, but by the sounds of your problem (black screen) is an failiure of a componedt of some kind or something.. So you probably won't see anything in there. Mechanical problems (lenses getting stuck and blinkers not opening etc) are normaly easy to spot.

When my second (first one got soaked in a river) P32 goes like that (lens sees nothing, but rest of camera works fine, I whack it against something hard untill it fixes itself. Hardly ideal, it's always done that though.. Got it off ebay, and there's nothing obviously wrong inside:rolleyes:

Anyways, I ramble, 'cos I like taking things apart!! It's fun to do anyways so you might as well have a blast if your that way inclined. The first time you take any camera apart is like a reverse jigsaw puzzle, great fun, and if ti works a the end, well that's just a bonus:D

·
Registered
25,882 Posts
my olympus just started playing up recently. had it about 4 years.

think it wouldn't take anything with the flash on. i think i can use it in good daylight, but no flash.

lol, just turned it on and the lights are flashing on the back and the lens won't come out. think i might bash it on something. i work for olympus, but don't know if i'd get a bargain repair or not.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts