Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,409 Posts
Jackman/Weller style steel 8 spokes. Not so often seen in a wide 5. Wellers were more dished tho.

Seriously strong wheels - the old steel 8 spokes are still popular with the off road and classic rally brigade. My mate does classic rallying and has often finished a stage at speed with half a tyre gone, rolling on 8 spokes. He swears by them for the punishment they can take.

·
Registered
21,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
M.I.B said:
Jackman/Weller style steel 8 spokes. Not so often seen in a wide 5. Wellers were more dished tho.

Seriously strong wheels - the old steel 8 spokes are still popular with the off road and classic rally brigade. My mate does classic rallying and has often finished a stage at speed with half a tyre gone, rolling on 8 spokes. He swears by them for the punishment they can take.
Coolio! I thought they looked like Wellers but never seen any in wide 5 b4 like you say. Not collected em yet so just wanted a heads up :)

Wonder what they will look like in black :)

Can sell my standard steelies on snow tyres now too :)

·
Banned
12,512 Posts
Big Al said:
Coolio! I thought they looked like Wellers but never seen any in wide 5 b4 like you say. Not collected em yet so just wanted a heads up :)

Wonder what they will look like in black :)

Can sell my standard steelies on snow tyres now too :)
That's just what I was thinking. BLACK. I like 'em.

·
Registered
6,409 Posts
Hard to tell exactly who made them - they all came in yellow or white and had a thin red and blue line on the outer lip.

Maker may be stamped into the back on the hub or base of a web.

I had some on my mars red budget copy of the Street machine bug back in the 80s when I couldn't afford Empi 8s ( which were all the rage).

·
Registered
21,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
M.I.B said:
Hard to tell exactly who made them - they all came in yellow or white and had a thin red and blue line on the outer lip.

Maker may be stamped into the back on the hub or base of a web.

I had some on my mars red budget copy of the Street machine bug back in the 80s when I couldn't afford Empi 8s ( which were all the rage).
wide5 empi8's?

I remember the time when couldn't afford any wheels, thats why I stook with Marathons for so long :)

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
M.I.B said:

Dont know much about them but i do know ther not 8 spoke, ther 10 spoke.

·
Registered
6,409 Posts
ianbott said:
Dont know much about them but i do know ther not 8 spoke, ther 10 spoke.
No sh1t Sherlock!

That was the generic term for them at the time.

·
Registered
6,409 Posts
M.I.B said:
That was the generic term for them at the time.
or "Wellers" or "Jackmans"

Getting back to the original point of the post - they are steel aftermarket wheels from probably the 70s, they are round and they'll do as rollers.

Not often seen in a wide 5, but as KinkyMick or any of the other wheel a holics haven't offered £££££s for them, don't book a holiday to Pomona on the strength of the resale value.

·
Registered
21,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well here they are if ayone is bothered.

They ARE Wellers. Have the red an blue pained band around the rim.

and a number on them 05/85, I assume a manufacture date?

New remould tyres but they are HUGE! Dont say what size only ER/70 -15:

The tyres etc are prolly too big for me to use really as only need them for rollin it about. So if ayone wants them PM me.

·
Banned
26,771 Posts
probably 205s same as i have on the split.

If you binning them Ill bung em in workshop and see if anyone wants em for you

1 - 16 of 16 Posts