Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my brother has a65 splitty with a 1600 air cooled engine,it has been converted to 12 volt electrics,?the generater ,dynomo,needs new bushes ,problem is we dont no were to get them. the gener,dynomo has a yellow plastic regulater on top of it the bushes are inside,we have never seen one like this ,the bus is from USA,anywere we have tryed say they,ve never heard or seen one like it.we were wonder if we could fit anormal regulater someway any idear,s or help would be appreceated.cheers. can we put new regulater on bus and leave old one were it is.

·
Premium Member
8,877 Posts
Sounds like a later Alternator with the built-in regulator. Not sure you can get the carbon brushes separately, but you can get a replacement regulator which will have new brushes.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Speedy Jim said:
What makes you suspect it needs new bushes <sic>?

Can you post a photo of the thing?
will be back in a mo collectin kids from school give more info then ,cheers.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
we has it checked by auto electricion.no pic of it, IT just sit on top of the generater,the bushes sit inside the yellow box ,they are spring loaded.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
AirCooledNewBee said:
Have you tried Emilio's? He'll point you in the right direction.
i,ve tryed emilio,s he,never seen one.cheers ,what do u drive ,are u in any club,any shows coming up.

·
Registered
331 Posts
hoohy said:
i,ve tryed emilio,s he,never seen one.cheers ,what do u drive ,are u in any club,any shows coming up.
What about Martin Murray in Tip?

At the minute I'm either driving a Golf or a fiesta as my 1303 is waiting for essential repairs. Not joined a club yet.

Cheers

1 - 10 of 10 Posts