Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

Been suffering with eczema for years and have been diagnosed with a yeast allergy! So I've cut out all the yeasty things like bread, beers etc and seem better.

Anyone else got the same problem? What do you eat and drink?

Cheers,
Steve.

·
Registered
4,553 Posts
Honeybus is allergic to yeast, she drinks spirits, she can have a little bread occationaly. Apparently. You can eat flat bread like pitta, nan and wraps etc.

Dan

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
BigOrangeMonkey said:
Hey Guys,

Been suffering with eczema for years and have been diagnosed with a yeast allergy! So I've cut out all the yeasty things like bread, beers etc and seem better.

Anyone else got the same problem? What do you eat and drink?

Cheers,
Steve.
I eat Soda Bread or Tortilla wraps. You can also eat Ryveta type things instead.

Watch out for anything with artificial flavouring usually down as MSG, that is made from yeast. You might only be able to eat ready salted crisps (not french fries as they contain MSG). Also beer is not good. I love Guiness but it doesn't love me. I tend to stick to spirits.

I also have a lactose intolerance :(

On the plus side, when I cut these foods out my asthma goes away and and drop about half a stone, so it's not all bad :)

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I think it's the yeast that makes me fart :D
So I'm not allergic but I'm trying to cut down on it for the sake of others ;)
I love tortilla's, naans and pittas.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Almost forgot ....

Yeast Allergy + Chinese Food = Bad News

:D :D

Thai food is ok though :)

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I miss beer already, not a keen spirit drinker anymore so havent been drinking at all.

Its the sugary stuff I miss, craving that the most! I never eat any foods with MSGs, flavour enhancers or any other crap anyway.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts