Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we are thinking of getting one and want to know if there are any bad points to having one. its an r reg 3.3 le petrol 97k.
we have heard that the parts are hard to get and they have faults that cant be sorted.
so any info is apprecated :D

·
Registered
10,587 Posts
The only one I've been in was Bri's one,

It was more than comfortable for five of us + luggage on an all night haul from Oxford to France. Not sure I'd fancy the fuel bill though :incheek:

They will also carry about a tonne and a half of tiles and building materials. The poor thing looked a little 'lowered' by it all though.

On the whole, seemed like a great bit of kit. As with any second hand car though, make sure its got a decent history and has been generally well looked after.

·
Registered
13,311 Posts
They rock!

I "baby sit" Brians's one and I'm not ashamed to say I dont wanna give it back :(

Even though its a left hooker I find it just like driving an armchair. It tows well, is very comfy on long journeys and even though its ten years old you'd never know.

Only downside if the fuel economy, but who cares when your in such a practical and cool car/van/truck etc etc :)

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
kendrakandy
that would be good :D
we have seen it and driven it its an auto,full leather 3.3le petrol.
we both like it its our local garage( who we have used for over 15yrs) who is putting us off it. he said that he has other customers who have them and the parts are expensive and can be hard to get hold of and have elec faults that you cant fix :rolleyes:

·
walking the black dog
65,317 Posts
hads said:
kendrakandy
that would be good :D
we have seen it and driven it its an auto,full leather 3.3le petrol.
we both like it its our local garage( who we have used for over 15yrs) who is putting us off it. he said that he has other customers who have them and the parts are expensive and can be hard to get hold of and have elec faults that you cant fix :rolleyes:
Do they have a commericial axe to grind?

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
All I can say is when selecting your vehicle of choice for channel tunnel train drag racing, the chrysler voyager has to be the one. particularly since it 'sounds faster than it is, honest'

:D

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
orb666 said:
I have no doubt that they are good cars that go for miles but it might be worth pointing out that it's the only car that NCAP have tested that received zero points in their front impact crash tests - nice place to sit but not a nice place to be in the event of an accident (probably still 100% better than my splitty though :D )
http://www.euroncap.com/content/safety_ratings/details.php?id1=5&id2=56

Orb
Read this in '02 - Auto Express i think - so sold our 3.3 Voyager and bought a 3.0 dci Espace instead. Chipped it and loved it... proper torque. So just got a new 3.0 dci Grand Espace - 19" rims, full leather and being chipped tomorrow ;)

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
cheers for that everone :D

we pick it up next week
ps
if any one wants a golf gt tdi on an s plate13mths mot give me a bell 07784 098371

1 - 14 of 14 Posts