Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what size boots you are running under standard arches and if anyone does repro centre caps or if any other caps out there fit?

cheers
:hangloose

·
Registered
5,154 Posts
I've got a set of Marathons on my cabrio,think they are a very under-rated rim;

Running on 165 x 15's.

Don't think there are any repro caps being made, and not too sure really what else may fit......

One thing, there are two offsets available on the Marathons, most will be Beetle offset of 34mm (clearly marked ET34 on front of rim), although there are some Type 3 offset ones with an offset of 46mm around.....
I recently noticed that one of my rear wheels was tucked under the wing more than on the other side, and put this down to repro wing quality :rolleyes: , was only on close examination that I noticed the wheel in question was marked ET46.... :D .
I guess that if clearance is an issue with your car then sourcing some ET46 rims might be a way around this.......

;)

·
Registered
11,620 Posts
Nessy said:
I recently noticed that one of my rear wheels was tucked under the wing more than on the other side, and put this down to repro wing quality :rolleyes: , was only on close examination that I noticed the wheel in question was marked ET46.... :D .
I guess that if clearance is an issue with your car then sourcing some ET46 rims might be a way around this.......

;)
Do you want to swap it for a T1 off-set one? ;)

·
Registered
5,154 Posts
VielziDub said:
Do you want to swap it for a T1 off-set one? ;)
Thanks but I've got 5 other T1 offset ones :D , besides as its been powder-coated etc it matches the other 4 on the car, its consigned to the spare wheel well now........

;)

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers Nessy,

Getting a set of 4 ET 34's just got to get em blasted and painted up.
Any idea what width the rims are i.e 4.5J etc

Then just got to find something to fill the bloody great hole in the middle of each one :eek:

·
Registered
5,154 Posts
hornet_basher said:
Cheers Nessy,

Getting a set of 4 ET 34's just got to get em blasted and painted up.
Any idea what width the rims are i.e 4.5J etc

Then just got to find something to fill the bloody great hole in the middle of each one :eek:
As far as I know the rims are 4.5J.
Caps are only difficult to get hold of when you need some :D .
They are out there, bought a set of 4 rims at Volksfest Wales 2005 with 3 caps for only £20 , at the same show 2006 bought 4 caps for £20 again.......(and no they aren't for sale! :D )
Best bet is Ebay, have bought a few there now for about a fiver each.......
In many respects the caps are worth more than unrestored rims! :crazy:

;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
center caps soloution

Hi, If you are still interested in the center caps I may be able to help as I have nearly two sets for sale. Individualy priced according to their condition. i.e. £15.00 for a spanky one and £7.00 for the one with a dent in.

If you be interested let me knows.

I can e mail you piccys.

Ross.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts