Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 20 of 328 Posts

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
11,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been thinking about this for a while. I recently went to Lands End and there’s loads of stuff about different types people and the methods used to do the trip but no mention of a mass VW cruise! Of course it could be done in the name of charity and I was thinking early next year. Just trying to gauge interest. Don't really mind but would probably prefer John O'Groats to Lands End instead of the other way round!

Let me know

Cheers

Al

·
11,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes. Had intended to cycle it this year, but I'm nowhere near fit enough.
So theres a massive cruise across the country?

I'd be up for that but the fuel costs would be horrific!
Will cost a bit in fuel but if I can get at least 10 vehicles I will start planning and seeing if theres anything we can do as its a charity run IE tax releif or something.

So can I put you 2 down?

·
Registered
10,183 Posts
Will cost a bit in fuel but if I can get at least 10 vehicles I will start planning and seeing if theres anything we can do as its a charity run IE tax releif or something.

So can I put you 2 down?
Errrrrrrm, yeah sure, if you can get around the fuel costs somewhere and my beetle is finished (if it isn't by then I'll probably have slipped into a deep depression :lol:)

·
11,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Errrrrrrm, yeah sure, if you can get around the fuel costs somewhere and my beetle is finished (if it isn't by then I'll probably have slipped into a deep depression :lol:)
2010 is the target then! Like I said if I can get about 1 rides involved to make it worthit I will start putting it together!

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Running to Lands End - are you mad - i can bearly run for a bus!!! :lol:

NN ;)

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
If you have not got any constructive input, then don't put anything in at all.
OOOOoooooohhhhhhh - handbags!!!!!! :lol:

NN :D

·
11,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yeah I'm up for it even though you've been nasty to me about F1 :)

we could try and get some sponsorship to cover fuel costs and stuff - that's how I managed one I did a few years back
Hey! I have already appologised about that if you check the thread!!!

I was thinking about sponsership with fuel, presume we would need a charity number so doing it through brads would probably be the best idea?

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
How about dunnet head to lizard point, most northern/southern points of the country! Did that in my T4 in 2007 when we did a tour of the uk over a 2 week period.

·
11,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
How about dunnet head to lizard point, most northern/southern points of the country! Did that in my T4 in 2007 when we did a tour of the uk over a 2 week period.
Sounds good but the thing that inspired me for this (other than raising money for charity) Was getting the vdub comunity some recognition at Lands end. We cant have the jag owners and landrover owners taking all the glory!

Best thing to do is gauge interest, if we get a good few paople interested we can then discuss the finer points :)

Can I add you to the list sir?

·
11,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
:lol: yeah I know :hug:

How about doing it for Gt Ormond St? Cause close to my heart with my kiddy...
Theres no reason why we can't raise money for several charity's of our choice, although I do think that Brads will be the charity of choice with most people on here :):hug:

·
Registered
10,183 Posts
Theres no reason why we can't raise money for several charity's of our choice, although I do think that Brads will be the charity of choice with most people on here :):hug:
I'm on somewhat of a charity roll at the mo what with this, the great north run, doing stuff for Action, it'll be great!

Any idea how long this whole thing will take? Where we'll be staying etc...

1 - 20 of 328 Posts