Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
Any of you use humidifiers at home/work. Now Chez is at home the central heating is on a lot and the air is really dry and we wake up with sore/dry throats alot.

I've tried leaving the windows open a bit but she just follows me round and closes them :rolleyes:

Dunno whether to get a couple or not coz they aint cheap and dunno whether it'll help the twins when they pop out soon? :confused:

Cheers

Stratts

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
26,326 Posts
I used to use them in an office complex i was in charge of
Humidifiers are a pain in the arse to keep clean (and if you dont you will end up with Musty smelling Air with all sorts of nastys blowing about)

The only reason to use them is if you cant open the windows (I;e big office complex with sealed windows)

It is much easier to just open a window if you can

but if you must use one chuck a little Milton in the water and some Fabric conditioner to make is smell nice and give the thing a good clean once a week (they scale up quite badly really quickly)

as i said Window is better and safer for littleuns

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok mate ta.

I'll have to follow her round with a stick after she's followed me round and wack her with it when she shuts the windows :crazy: :lol:

That could be quite fun actually :cool:

·
Registered
8,096 Posts
if you have double glazing can the windows be left locked slightly open?? the handles sometimes have a 2 position lock, our bedroom windows are open all year round but then I live in the country and am not a soft girlie townie :D

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
26,326 Posts
Ok mate ta.

I'll have to follow her round with a stick after she's followed me round and wack her with it when she shuts the windows :crazy: :lol:

That could be quite fun actually :cool:
Alright fella no probs!.......and im sorta guessing when the Twins turn up you will have more than enough to deal with without faffing about with Humidifiers:lol:

If you have UPVC windows they might have those vent things you could open or accidentally "Break" so you get airflow;)

·
Registered
78,033 Posts
Humidifiers? Are you insane? We have dehumidifiers in our bedrooms but considering we live in an appallingly damp climate already I can't image why you wound want to make things damper. You loon :D Go and live in the sea.

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
if you have double glazing can the windows be left locked slightly open?? the handles sometimes have a 2 position lock, our bedroom windows are open all year round but then I live in the country and am not a soft girlie townie :D
Yeah that's what i've been doin and she still shuts em :rolleyes:

Think I'll have to 'ahem' lose the keys till it warms up a bit!!

If I put a de-humidifier in my house I'd have arabs and camels squating coz it'd be so dry :lol:

·
Registered
418 Posts
You can often get away with a container of water left in a corner. It just evaporates. You can buy a simple gizmo like that which hangs on the radiator and has a reservoir with a wick to control the flow.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts