Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm just looking for a quote on a little van i bought and they are coming up very cheap and the quote asks no questions!!!

i am hanging on the phone now to talk to them, but it is almost too good to be true............and as it is all online only, you have to print out your own documents and can do all this without talking to a human!

i'm geting paranoid now :D

and my new little kangoo looks like this..... :smurf:

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
good idea.......i will.

but ive just spoke to a girl in the office and all seems well.......just about 100 quid cheaper than anyone else!!

which is nice!!

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
yeah you got a van when does the course start mate

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ive just got to sort some other stuff out first, but i hope in the next week..............

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
I use Swift and have 2 of my cars insured with them. Take note of the excess as this is what catches most people out with cheaper policies. I have had no problems with them yet but I have not had to make any claims.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I tried their website and got so far as make - model.... :( they only go back as far as 1981 and I've a '67 Bus to insure

I've my benchmark quote from Footman James - they don't seem to be the cheapest, but they do offer 24hr breakdown cover and European stuff too which makes it worthwhile for me.

Anyone tried to get multiple cars on one policy, used to be popular, but practice seems to have died in recent years?

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the excess is 200 which isn't a problem, and it was even cheaper considering it is a business van.............looks good!!

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
I use swiftcover.com - excellent service as its all online and very quick.

I have got a silly high excess but needed to do it to get the cost down as am skint!!

Very strange though, I've got an Alfa V6, and am under 25. They won't insure any other V6 car because of my age, the alfa is the only one!

Won't even insure a V5 Golf because of my age!

·
I really must get out more
5,667 Posts
i have the mrs xx1 a3 tdi with them i had a pig getting my no claims of my old ins company it took 3 weeks. thay where fine about it

cost me £260 for the tdi

·
Registered
18,968 Posts
Just be careful if you have to make a claim.

It's all done by email, no speaking to a live human being :rolleyes: ........................so basically if you need to complain about your claim process it can take weeks, or even months to get a settlement on something very very straight forward (this is the reason they are cheap ;) )................and a lot of the email responses are automated :(

You have been warned ;)

·
Registered
25,696 Posts
I've been with them for 1 year on my daily,and had to make two claims,one my fault,one not,both times they've been reasonably good,you CAN talk to them,they don't like it much,but they can't not talk to you.I've had both claims sorted now,not without some hassle,but then try getting any write off sorted from any insurance co without any hassle.Very tough.Overall I think they're OK,not yet rec'd my renewal quote though so that could be interesting.At least when you do ring their claims team they're all english and in England.

·
Registered
25,696 Posts
Well co-incidentaly I got the renewal today,up from £298 to £498.Tossers.It seems that as their protected NCB scheme only allows one fault accident in one year and two in three years, and as is common practice aparantly in insurance companies,as there is a claim unresolved ,despite it being not my fault,and the other insurance company having admitted liability its still considerred as a fault claim on my policy,until its resolved and they have claimed all their costs from the third party insures,so that means that as far as they're concerned i've had two fault claims in a year,so they've binned my protected NCB and dropped my full discount to 3 years.
So to recap,i've paid a premium to cover the risk of me having to make a fault claim.Because of a non fault claim that all means nothing and i'm now going to be out of pocket.
Only in insurance and only in Britain could the customer be treated to badly.I'm really starting to get fucking pissed off with life now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts