Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...easy stupid question...

by the time I get back from work the banks are long closed, and waiting 'til the weekend to deposit cheques is a pain in the arse, so....

...will banks accept cheques if I put them through their door out of hours in an envelope with a credit slip?

Ta.

·
Registered
11,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ta!

·
Registered
25,882 Posts
otherwise pay into the cash point. my boss used to stick them thru the door, he used to call them the next day to make sure they got it!

·
Registered
11,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Volks-Widow said:
otherwise pay into the cash point. my boss used to stick them thru the door, he used to call them the next day to make sure they got it!
You mean those strange 'drop off' bins in the wall? I'd always assumed they were for registered business users. Thanks, will give em a try.

·
Registered
10,875 Posts
just a point..if its the old type where you pull the draw open stick in your stuff in then close it...make sure you re-open it to make your your stuff has gone (should have dropped down)
we used to take our bank wallets to barclays sometimes (when I worked in retail) stick em in the bin, open it back up and it hadnt dropped.
another thing is..in this day and age...one of my mates works in the police....they had a gang that were going round taping bin liners just inside the letterbox type, you couldnt see the tape or bag, then come back latter..pull the bag out... and there you go !!! as some people post cash through aswell...as I said..the chance of it happening isnt very high..but with todays cloning etc etc you never know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts