Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well following from a couple of previous threads,

when you were at school/uni/college etc did you imagine you would end up where you are?

i will go first

always wanted to be in the reme, but at 16 was in a serious rugby accident that smashed up my knees, and i failed my physicals.
so applied for college to go on a rally mechanics course, it was full so did wood-work instead!

now ive got my own business employing 3 staff, designing and making bespoke hard wood furniture!

so are you living your child hood dream?

·
Registered
17,384 Posts
Ugly Bloke said:
I am living my childhood nightmare. I've become the comfy cardie wearing middle aged man I dreaded becoming. :lol:
dont put yourself down ub you dont look a day over 55 :incheek: :D

·
Registered
12,832 Posts
always wanted to be in the police. i left school 14 years ago, got a job working as a trainee optical technician and now i am 30 i own my own specsavers opticians franchise. tried for the police when i was about 22 but had too many visible tattoos :eek: stuck at optics and did the whole manager, area manger route. then just happened to be in the right place at the right time when they were looking to open new stores. had the money and got through the interviews and have now been open for almost 4 years.
this was clearly NOT my dream, but now i have no regrets. i get to work when i want (within reason ;) ) financially its been very good and a lot of my friends work a damn site harder for less. i'm always grateful for what i've got :)

·
Registered
6,409 Posts
I didnt know what i wanted to do when i left school, im 28 now and still dont know.

·
I really must get out more
6,132 Posts
had no idea what i wanted to do when i left school, or when i left university.

was an accountant for 9 years but it was too dull so retrained as a building surveyor, and now i'm project manager on the build of a multi-million dollar home in the caribbean. I'm living a dream, although not the one i never had when i was younger!! :D

·
Registered
34,377 Posts
Sort of.

I couldn`t be happier at the moment.

I`m really not sure what i dreamt i would be doing but at times in my life i expected to be in the gutter/prison/dead...so i`ve really excelled :D ..i have a house...small mortgage...2 cool kids..worked for myself since i was 19...not short of cash....i guess i`m like a lot of people in that i`ve made some really poor choices at times...i chose way too much "partying" in my early years but you are what you are i guess.

32 and happy.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Never really had any ambitions as a kid (other than to be Virgil Tracy in TB2). Life sort of just happened to me. At least with no ambitions, there are no failures and disappointments.

I now have every tool under the sun and can fix almost anything, therefore you could argue I have become something of a Virgil Tracy!

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
always wanted to be a hairdresser but family pressure (Dad)said noy good idea as I would be standing on my feet all day :rolleyes: ( amongst other arguments)So I trained as anurse and now work 12 hour night shifts where I stand on my feet all night No difference really :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts