Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 20 of 175 Posts

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
26,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fancied doing something Different today and i dont know what made me think of it but i popped into Perryvale to take some Pictures.
I love old Art Deco stuff and I have been past the Hoover factory loads of times ,but never stopped to take it all in properly.
All I can say is if you are in the area go and have a look .It is such an Imposing Building (I remember loads of buildings that looked like that along the A4 in Slough sadly they are all but gone now.....thats progress i spose)
Going past Northolt with the Diddy lampposts

Dunno but it looked cool

Driveby(Nikki missed the turning)

·
26,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
26,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
no way, must be the nicest tesco ever
Its pretty Mad cos If you were to be Blindfolded and brought inside you couldnt tell it was any different to any other Tescos....
But outside Its been done up very subtly
All credit to the developers they did a great Job

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
wow, as if by magic
it looks dirty round the back end doesn't it!!
can't believe the inside
clever people :)

32,496 Posts
The one you didn't know is 'The Tower Building'. currently derelict as far as i know, it was a B&Q until recently.

If you want some Art Deco closer to home, there are two or three remarkably well preserved houses on the Windsor Road in Gerrards Cross, High and Over in Amersham (first right off the main road up the hill by Tescos) and there are a few places in Acton as well.

Maybe we ought to finally get around to doing the VZi Art Deco Tour this Autumn.

1 - 20 of 175 Posts