Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 20 of 1730 Posts

·
walking the black dog
65,317 Posts

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
If the chassis has been cut, its not clear in the listing, then it's IVA territory. I also know of an Aston Martin locked away, a DB2.

·
Registered
14,500 Posts
If the chassis has been cut, its not clear in the listing, then it's IVA territory. I also know of an Aston Martin locked away, a DB2.
It says in the ad that the chassis has been cut 'mounted on a Scimtar chassis which has been cut down to 98"'

I'd say that was pretty clear :)

I guess it depends what it says on the V5 as to what happens when it's complete

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
15,966 Posts
Wouldn't be too painful to IVA it if they'd kept all the Scimitar running gear.
Anyway, it shouldn't be impossible to get it through.

·
Seasoned Chat Slut
2,080 Posts
Wasn't this on 'bring a trailer' recently as just the body?

I seem to remember a lot of conjecture as to whether this was an ex-movie prop that wasn't used.

The front windscreen A pillars look amazingly thin for GRP. Probably need some support in and around there!

·
Registered
14,053 Posts
Wouldn't be too painful to IVA it if they'd kept all the Scimitar running gear.
Anyway, it shouldn't be impossible to get it through.
Impossible? no. Difficult, yes. The amount of stuff in an original genuine interior that won pass due to radius of corners, lack of padding etc...

The guy building a ford pop over on RR to go through the IVA shows how even the smallest detail such as a switch having the wrong profile will see you fail.

·
52,397 Posts
Impossible? no. Difficult, yes. The amount of stuff in an original genuine interior that won pass due to radius of corners, lack of padding etc...

The guy building a ford pop over on RR to go through the IVA shows how even the smallest detail such as a switch having the wrong profile will see you fail.
Having started to go through all of this stuff with a buggy build I reckon that would be an utter bastard to get through.

·
Seasoned Chat Slut
2,080 Posts
There's also still a metric ton of work needed.

Check out the fuel filler door. Looks like an indentation, so would need cutting out, recesses making, an appropriate mechanism for opening and releasing finding and a door making.

That's before the petrol goes anywhere! And that's just the tip of the iceberg!

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Where I once worked we used to get an "aston martin" convertable in, it was based on a capri I think and was known by everyone including the owner as the plastic pig.

·
15,966 Posts

True, these things are never easy, but that guy is trying to rebuild something he´s already built, without starting over completely from scratch. As long as you keep the rules in mind from the get go, you can do it.
My pals 356 kit is coming along alright, but his biggest problem right now is getting glass - not only must it be E marked - but with exactly the correct E marks. Its´all a lot of bollocks really. If it was an original Porsche, he could use any old glass that would fit in the hole. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think a kitcar manufacturer will buy this , as this would generate a lot of interest possibly end up a good a good business venture, , the only other one I know of of an aston martin is that capri based one as mentioned before. which wasn't the best .

in the same vein I really really really like these , http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/381909805181?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

always a few complete kits for sale in usa
but one for sale in uk http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1936-AUBU...695128?hash=item33bb6b2c18:g:ohwAAOSwo4pYQaPM

·
walking the black dog
65,317 Posts
1 - 20 of 1730 Posts