Volkszone Forum banner

1681 - 1700 of 1707 Posts

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
I love the look of that sprite.
A mate at uni stacked his midget and replaced the nose with a fibreglass sprite front. I didn't know a full body existed.
Nor me! The slotmags really suit it too.:cool:

·
Administrator
166,597 Posts

It's a nice enough car - although the number plate needs replacing with a non-prefix/suffix number and the 'wire' hubcaps need skipping.

I've never understood why the old roadster kits (the Maddison was another) use a VW Bug as a base - a straight four (or six motor) up front would make more sense, surely?

Also, looking at that ^ - I'm guessing working on the engine would be difficult, I can't see how the back opens - I'm also wondering how good cooling will be too.

The Hurst shifter is a nice touch though.

:)

·
Registered
12,192 Posts
They just see, to work on anything retro................your bug would look amazing on them!
That was the original plan until i realised the original 6" wide ones i found had a tiny offset and would stick out of the wings by 2".:eek:
I had a pair of flared rear arches but could never find matching fronts so i sold them only for a pair of fronts to appear a couple of weeks later. :mad:

·
Premium Member
12,369 Posts

It's a nice enough car - although the number plate needs replacing with a non-prefix/suffix number and the 'wire' hubcaps need skipping.

I've never understood why the old roadster kits (the Maddison was another) use a VW Bug as a base - a straight four (or six motor) up front would make more sense, surely?

Also, looking at that ^ - I'm guessing working on the engine would be difficult, I can't see how the back opens - I'm also wondering how good cooling will be too.

The Hurst shifter is a nice touch though.

:)
I spotted this the other day and as it is local to me I thought I might go and take a look.
Then a second longer look yesterday I convinced myself it would be yet another mistake as Brian says a Beetle set up makes no sense at all.
Plus I wouldn't like to pay that sort of money for it.

I think it was just the rush of blood finding something local instead of on the south coast like normal :(

·
Registered
17,064 Posts
I spotted this the other day and as it is local to me I thought I might go and take a look.
Then a second longer look yesterday I convinced myself it would be yet another mistake as Brian says a Beetle set up makes no sense at all.
Plus I wouldn't like to pay that sort of money for it.

I think it was just the rush of blood finding something local instead of on the south coast like normal :(
If you up your budget a bit... :D

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
The Madison hinges at the top at the back to reveal the engine. There was also a Ford engined version.

1681 - 1700 of 1707 Posts