Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello folks now i've got your attention :) having had my splitty front disk conversion for over a year now, i wondered where to source replacement brake pads from. phoned david at creative engineering and he was very helpfull as usual :) he said the guys at csp are cagey about the origins of their sources. and all spares come direct from germany. he thought the calipers were gm/vauxhall possibly astra or cavalier.
after popping a pad out and a trip down to local car spares shop, i found the pads are identical to most early vauxhalls. i now have part numbers to save you the trouble of doing the same! so stick these part numbers in a file ready for when you need them :D
Quinton Hazel part number: QH-BP141
Trusting part number (originally supplied): FT1011EF
EBC 'greenstuff': DP2325
i paid less than £10 for a set of front pads, seemed daft not to have a spare set! and after a trawl through e-bay prices for the 'greenstuff' ones from EBC varied from £32-£44.

·
Seasoned Chat Slut
1,973 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
I love finding out this stuff. I guess these companies feel if everyone knew the source of their parts, the parts would be sourced elsewhere...for less.

Years ago I tried to get Kerscher to tell the source of their brake kit front calipers (for a 1303 with vented rotors). They claimed they were unsure. Like the OP, I was only trying to find replacement pads. I just thought I was talking to the wrong person. It never dawned on me they were guarding their parts source.

H2OSB

·
Registered
910 Posts
Is this the same for the rear csp disk conversion is that also Astra G?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
Gazmate

Given the origins of CSP you can bet a weeks wages that they are German and off the shelf.

So look for Astra, Omega, Audi/VW. Unlikely to be Mercedes.

The fronts were Astra for sure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts