Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when insuring your baja do you insure it as a kit car or under classic car insurence? and if i insure it as a kit car will i have to have a q-plate and loose my tax exemption. thanks...

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
My Baja is insured as a modified VW Beetle. It is not strictly a kit car.

You shouldn't need q plates unless you are building a kit car chassis etc and DVLA need to check the vehicle and issue plates/registration docs.

As your car has a floorpan and VIN Plate you should be able to keep the original registration of the car. Hope this helps

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah thanks its just i have seen someone has insured them under kit car so all the modifications dont count. but mine was (apparently) always a baja so i dont know if its registerd as a baja and therefore i dont need to worry about adding on modifications.

·
Registered
8,961 Posts
Darrens is insured as a kit car with Footman James just because that's what they put it on. It doesn't need a Q plate and no one has ever asked to inspect it.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
how much were thay all coming out as too? coz if its going to be stupid insurence then that will blow my whole project anyways.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sorry im a dunce whats hic? the only hic i know of is the morning after a night of drinking haha.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts