Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SEARCHING FOR 2 OF MY DADS GOLF GTi's

1985 - B254 NKA (aka the Knacker!!!) White 3 door GTi, had Audi coupe rims, looked the nuts!!!!

1989 - G730 CKB - Green 3 door GTi, standard BBS alloys

I would love to hear from anyone with info on these 2 cars. They belonged to my late father who is the man responsible for my love of all things VDUB!!!!!! :hangloose :hangloose :hangloose :hangloose

·
Registered
8,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have already looked on the DVLA website, I think the white golf is off the road, but I would still love to hear from anyone who knows the whereabouts!! :hangloose :hangloose

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
B254NKA

dude,

i know of this car back in 1992 used to belong to an ex birds dad :eek:

i remember it well, i gotta thing for remembering vw's and reg plates :rolleyes:

how long you had it for ??

Angelo

·
Registered
8,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Angelo Amato said:
dude,

i know of this car back in 1992 used to belong to an ex birds dad :eek:

i remember it well, i gotta thing for remembering vw's and reg plates :rolleyes:

how long you had it for ??

Angelo
I must have been around 14 when my dad had it. did your ex mrs's dad part ex it at 3 Counties?? Thats where my dad bought it from, way back when!!!!!

You may remeber it, Adam Whittingham (you know him) sold my dad the Audi alloys, looked the mutts!!!!!

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
gti

i dated here for only a few months and he still had it the last time i saw here in 92. over christmas 91 he broke down in tarporley, think the cam belt went on it. i went in it once or twice, my first expericene of a GTI, was well impressed how it pulled.

he also had a TR8 and a Honda RC30 race bike but i didn't get to go on these.

i disliked him cuz he made me park my fasty on the road and not on the drive cuz it leaked oil ! LOL.

I do remember seeing it about after he sold it.

Showed me how tough those GTI's are.

Angelo

·
Registered
8,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Angelo Amato said:
i dated here for only a few months and he still had it the last time i saw here in 92. over christmas 91 he broke down in tarporley, think the cam belt went on it. i went in it once or twice, my first expericene of a GTI, was well impressed how it pulled.

he also had a TR8 and a Honda RC30 race bike but i didn't get to go on these.

i disliked him cuz he made me park my fasty on the road and not on the drive cuz it leaked oil ! LOL.

I do remember seeing it about after he sold it.

Showed me how tough those GTI's are.

Angelo
It was an awesome motor, it was around 93 - 94ish my dad had it, from then I just loved VW's. He got rid of it for something ridiculous, a Citroen BX GTi I think!!!!!!!! :eek:

As to the whereabouts now I have no idea. I looked on the DVLA website and it says it hasnt been taxed since 2000, gutted. Would love to see pics of it and maybe buy it back, regardless of condition.

CAN ANYONE HELP????? :hangloose

1 - 9 of 9 Posts