Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been sorting some old photos out and I found a photo of my bedroom wall from about 1994/95 (I was about 15!)...

Anyway I'm well into the whole B289 thing but I'm interested in one of the Beetles on the wall that I know nothing about...

Anyone got any other pics of it? Its just my next project is going to be very similar ;)

Thanks

Sorry for crap scans of old pictures of old pictures :eek:

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
oh it was poster from Street Machine I believe, I picked it up at the Doncaster Speed and Custom show in 1994/5 ish

·
Registered
509 Posts
That's probably my favorite b289 bug ever:D
It was featured in street machine in late 1989 (if i remember correctly) it was an issue that had a yellow splitty and a red ghia in it as well (I've still got the mag in my loft somewhere, I will have to dig it out tomorrow).

all i can remember about it is that Its a '59 bug and it was fitted with a 1600 engine and had some pink detailing under the bonnet etc, but i cant remember much else about it, I will have to have a look for the magazine tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Louis, cheers dude think you're prob right! .... btw I'm a longtime fan of your rides!

Major Tom, thank you so much! Would love to know more about it if you get chance to dig out the mag that would be soooo cool to know some details!

Thanks!!

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ballbag loving your knowledge!

·
Registered
10,096 Posts
That's probably my favorite b289 bug ever:D
It was featured in street machine in late 1989 (if i remember correctly) it was an issue that had a yellow splitty and a red ghia in it as well (I've still got the mag in my loft somewhere, I will have to dig it out tomorrow).

all i can remember about it is that Its a '59 bug and it was fitted with a 1600 engine and had some pink detailing under the bonnet etc, but i cant remember much else about it, I will have to have a look for the magazine tomorrow.
I'd like to see more of that bug too :)

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
anyone got any more info? :)

·
Registered
672 Posts
i've got that mag here somewhere.. in the photo's isn't the geezer who owned / built it wearing a jacket made from the same cloth pattern as the interior?

sort of a horizontal wavy stripe design?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts