Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
12,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else think that house's and motors are still silly prices or still too high??

been looking at a load of cars and houses lately and think the prices are still too high.

Cannot understand why in this credit crunch, people holding back on spending and all that... why sellers still moan when there house or motor dose not sell if they put them for sale way over priced.

has anyone told them price it to sell..
Yes demand has upped prices over the years and surly demand is lower now, also its only worth what someone wants to pay...and the market is saying we want to pay less....thats why you have not sold it.;)

·
Registered
323 Posts
Banks aren't helping much either, was planning to sell on the bug and get a KG in the spring but the interest rates on offer for loans at the minute is shocking.

·
12,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Banks aren't helping much either, was planning to sell on the bug and get a KG in the spring but the interest rates on offer for loans at the minute is shocking.
Still think cars and houses would sell if priced right. Just dunno why when its the worst time of year to sell also the worst times really and folks still want top money at good times prices.

be better to take the money from your house if have one with the interest rates at its lowest on house loans, then lock it if you can;)

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
The problem is, buyers can't afford the high asking prices any more and the sellers can't afford to lose the money they spent on the cars/houses a couple of years ago. It doesn't matter to them that its not actually worth what they paid for it any more, folk still seem to think that stuff (vans especially) is still money in the bank. Its not. :(

·
12,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
The problem is, buyers can't afford the high asking prices any more and the sellers can't afford to lose the money they spent on the cars/houses a couple of years ago. It doesn't matter to them that its not actually worth what they paid for it any more, folk still seem to think that stuff (vans especially) is still money in the bank. Its not. :(
it would be some money in the bank if folks just lowered their prices a bit and got the market moving...err well sell their own stuff and moved on instead of saying dunno why they cannot sell.

mainly motors...I'm seeing sellers holding onto high prices and not wanting to lower price or take a lower offer. Then they wonder why they still have for sale a month later.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
it would be some money in the bank if folks just lowered their prices a bit and got the market moving...err well sell their own stuff and moved on instead of saying dunno why they cannot sell.
so who's gonna go first to get the market rolling again? :lol:

·
I'm not an addict... honest!
3,380 Posts
the VZI for sale section always makes me laugh with topics full of bump and ttt

DROP THE PRICE IT WILL SELL THEN

·
Registered
16,814 Posts
There is still money out there.The country is not bankrupt.Good time to sell and buy? Well, if you reallywant your dream house/car you just sell your own for less,as you will probably pay less for the house/car you want. Swings and roundabouts.

·
12,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good,well sorted houses and vehicles will still sell for good money;)
ageed but it cracks me up when sellers have them up for sale ages then moan why they don't sell....simple lower the price;)

·
Registered
6,751 Posts

mainly motors...I'm seeing sellers holding onto high prices and not wanting to lower price or take a lower offer. Then they wonder why they still have for sale a month later.
Exactly. The problem being too many people 'investing' in houses and vans instead of buying them because they need one, and selling because they don't.

·
Registered
9,294 Posts

We've had our house and one of our cars up for sale, the prices have been dropped (a lot) but they are still not selling

the VZI for sale section always makes me laugh with topics full of bump and ttt

DROP THE PRICE IT WILL SELL THEN
Why not just give it to someone else, saves all the messing about

·
12,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
There is still money out there.The country is not bankrupt.Good time to sell and buy? Well, if you reallywant your dream house/car you just sell your own for less,as you will probably pay less for the house/car you want. Swings and roundabouts.
I know most cannot take a big hit on their houses, but cannot understand why they don't lower to sell on motors and trying to hold for big money.

·
Registered
34,511 Posts
Terrible time to sell a car or house.....the for sale section has some epic comedy as well as value at the moment.

There is one rusty heap i really want to put the link up for :D

·
Registered
34,511 Posts
I know most cannot take a big hit on their houses, but cannot understand why they don't lower to sell on motors and trying to hold for big money.
That's easy to say when it's not your money....how many of these people owe the money on a loan or credit card? If folk weren't desperate they wouldn't even dream of selling right now.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts