Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how unfair are they!!!! how can they validate it costing £76 for 2 missed dd's? one for £5 and one for £28.how can the justify that it costs them that amount for a computer that does it all automatically and worse it does it bang the same time as the dd can't go out:mad: money in 2 days later when i realised my account was low. I'm not saying a charge was invalid, just the amount of the charges :mad: their charges took me more overdrawn than what the original dd's were even for. theiving gits, now i'm left with 30 odd quid for the week :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,088 Posts
also check your terms and conditions. I know that in most cases the bank charges for a missed DD payment are £25
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,865 Posts
sleepflower said:
Ask for your money back - they cannot impose penalty charges, only "administration" costs. The reasonable cost, advised by OFT (I think) is £12 (still too high, IMO), anything over this, and you should be able to claim back.

See here: http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/cgi-bin/viewnews.cgi?newsid1141050760,24632,
Thanks for that! I'm in the same boat at the mo!

Definately worth a go!

wonder if anyones tried to charge the bank £30 a time for the letters they send asking for the refund :D
 

·
I really must get out more
Joined
·
6,135 Posts
radio 2 now!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
764 Posts
sleepflower said:
Ask for your money back - they cannot impose penalty charges, only "administration" costs. The reasonable cost, advised by OFT (I think) is £12 (still too high, IMO), anything over this, and you should be able to claim back.

See here: http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/cgi-bin/viewnews.cgi?newsid1141050760,24632,
I'm just in the process of doing this. Just sent off my first letter to get the list of all charges and fee's from the last six years.(max time you can claim for). Next is the letter for the claim then court action.

Going to do the credit cards next.

Stand to get a few thousand back from this. The above web site is excellent for all this sort of thing.

Will keep peeps posted as to how i get on.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,121 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,831 Posts
BeeBug said:
how unfair are they!!!! how can they validate it costing £76 for 2 missed dd's? one for £5 and one for £28.how can the justify that it costs them that amount for a computer that does it all automatically and worse it does it bang the same time as the dd can't go out:mad: money in 2 days later when i realised my account was low. I'm not saying a charge was invalid, just the amount of the charges :mad: their charges took me more overdrawn than what the original dd's were even for. theiving gits, now i'm left with 30 odd quid for the week :(
BANK CHARGES ARE UNLAWFULL they cant not (by law) charge you for this because its only the banks rules NOT the rules of the land phone them up tell them your taking them to the small clams court and they will give you your money bank !!!! ALL BANKS ARE TWAT DON'T LET THEM GET AWAY WITH IT !! check out moneysavingexpert.com like sleepflower siad best website ever if you'v got money troblues
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
450 Posts
Baja_ady said:
I'm just in the process of doing this. Just sent off my first letter to get the list of all charges and fee's from the last six years.(max time you can claim for). Next is the letter for the claim then court action.

Going to do the credit cards next.

Stand to get a few thousand back from this. The above web site is excellent for all this sort of thing.

Will keep peeps posted as to how i get on.
I've too just sent my first letter off to the bank, after they charged my £100 last month for going overdrawn 4 times (£25 each time) enough was enough!!! I know it's my fault I went overdrawn but the charges are unfair, that has left me £100 of my pay this month so I'm back to square one.

To make matters worse my bank has rang me twice in the last 3 days to ask if I can pay the £20 I'm overdrawn by!! The bloody cheek, I told them that what they were doing was harassment and that if they had been bothered to actually look at my account they could see that I couldn't pay it . It's not a large amount in charges I'm claiming back , its just the principle of it all. I'm Keeping my fingers crossed.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
14,290 Posts
runningmonkey said:
BANK CHARGES ARE UNLAWFULL they cant not (by law) charge you for this because its only the banks rules NOT the rules of the land phone them up tell them your taking them to the small clams court and they will give you your money bank !!!! ALL BANKS ARE TWAT DON'T LET THEM GET AWAY WITH IT !! check out moneysavingexpert.com like sleepflower siad best website ever if you'v got money troblues
its not quite that simple, and I can 100% assure you that they are NOT just giving money back in every case where court action is threatened or started
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top